Chapter 46: Hazel

HEHEHEBDBEBEHEHRHR

SO ON FRIDAY IT WAS MEDIA DAY AND I WAS TEXTING MY FRIEND AND ACCIDENTALLY TURNED MY PHONE ON HIGH, AND GUESS WHAT MY RINGTONE WAS??

CHOO-CHOO-CHUG-A-CHUG-A-CHOO-CHOO

-.-

AND WE WERE TOLD NOT TO TEXT.

JUST GRRREAT.

SO I PUBLISHED A NEW BOOK!!!!

IT'S CALLED MIRROR, MIRROR AND GO READ IT.

NOW.

LIKE NOT LATER NOW BUT NOW NOW.

OK IMA GIVE YOU HAZELLLL!!!

...

JUST KIDDING I FORGOT THE DEDDIE...

UMM LEMME CHECK....

WELL NO ONE GOT CLOSE SO IMA CHOOSE BY THE RANDOM...

*puts all ur usernames in a big crystal ball like the hunger games*

PRIMROSE EVERDEEN.

HAHA JK I CHOSE...

perksofbeingacatlin BECAUSE SHE MADE ME GRIN LIKE AN IDIOT XD

OK NOW IT'S HAZELS TURN.

Hazel

"Mother of Hera." Leo gasped.

I looked at him and saw where he was looking.

"The mothership." I breathed.

It was a huge robot, and it looked exactly like the little ones, but had some sort of mouth looking thing at the bottom, and when it opened occasionally.

Leo gasped. "You can see that?"

I frowned. "Yeah..."

"Can you see what's coming out of the mouth thing at the bottom?" He sounded hopeful.

"No. What is coming out?"

"More robots. Man I wonder whose at the controls of that thing."

I shrugged. "WATCH OUT!" I screamed as the mothership shot a fireball the size of a Percy was fired from the ship.

"Where are the girls?" Jason screeched.

"Looking for Frank!" Leo shouted. There was chaos, injured people and screams.

Another fireball.

"Leo!" He turned his head towards me. "You have to stop this! You're the only one that can take that heat." I pointed at the mothership.

He ran the fastest I've ever seen him run before up to me. "I love you. Stay alive."

Our lips met for what seemed for like a second before he was running again.

I brushed a tear from my cheek. 'He'll be okay.' I thought.

"Hazel!" Piper called.

I whipped around so fast I almost fell over. Piper was running from a smoking cabin.

"Where's Annabeth?" Panic rose in my chest.

She turned to the cabin. "S-she was right behind me!"

"What!?" Percy jogged over. His green eyes were bloodshot and droopy, and his already messy hair was matted to one side of his face from an explosion. He was obviously exhausted but didn't want it to show.

Another fireball from across the camp.

"Where's. Annabeth." Percy pleaded.

"She was right behind me." Piper skimmed the crowd of soldiers.

Jason had run up behind us when he saw Piper. He gasped. "There! She's helping people out of the cabins!"

"No! She shouldn't be inhaling the smoke, she doesn't have the strength to carry-"

"Percy!" Jason cut off his panic attack.

"What?!"

"Lets go tell her to come here and we'll help the campers!" Jason told him.

"No! She can't be in the line of attack are you nuts?" He said it like it was obvious.

Jason faceplamed.

A couple of Romans ran by carrying a girl on a stretcher. She looked about seven and her face was ashen gray and was bleeding from her side. Her brown curly hair was tangled and burnt. Her brown eyes were open but stared at nothing.

"Lets go!" they brushed by the crowd.

My heart torn and I felt myself follow them.

"Hazel! What are you doing?" Percy called.

Explosion.

I ignored the question and shouted over my shoulder, "Get Annabeth and tell her to come to the infirmary!"

Someone yelled a reply, but it was lost in the crowd.

We came to a clearing far away from the battlefield and I saw many more victims of the battle. From broken bones to explosion injuries, I saw it all. There were other campers running around, changing bandages and giving nectar, but it wasn't enough.

None of it was as serious as the little girl. She was going to need help. Now. The Romans laid the stretcher down and I squatted beside her as the Romans lifted her of the stretcher and put her on a blanket.

Another camper sat beside me.

"What happened to her?" I asked.

"Explosion of a building. Piece of scrap metal caught her." One Roman answered.

"Is it still in there?"

The other grimaced. "We don't know."

"What's her name?"

"Hazel."

"Yes?" I answered.

"No. Not you. That's her name." a cry of pain was heard across the camp, the Romans exchanged a glance.

"We gotta go." and they raced off with the stretcher.

"Hazel." I whispered. Picking up her hand, I said louder, "Hazel? Can you hear me?"

No response.

I looked at the kid sitting next to me. "Go get a medical kit. Run."

He nodded once and sprinted away.

Annabeth squatted next to me and gasped sharply. "Oh my gods."

"Hazel? If you can hear me squeeze my hand."

It wasn't a lot, but she weakly tensed her hand. When her fingers relaxed again, little white marks were left on my hand from where she touched me.

The Roman came back with a kit. I examined it and hit my fist on the ground. "It isn't enough. We need an Apollo kid."

"There are none here." He relied softly. "Their all making attacks from above ground."

Annabeth started to lift Hazel's shirt up to examine what happened. The wound was obviously deep, and it was about five inches long.

"Its not gonna be easy, but I can do it." Annabeth said firmly. She named off the equipment she needed, and me and the boy dashed off to get it.

A thought dawned on me. How were the others?

What about Leo?

I COULDN'T THINK OF A GOOD PLACE TO STOP.

HAHA.

QUESTION:

WHAT WAS THE REWARD FOR FINDING THAT POODLE IN LIGHTNING THEIF??

MAN THAT'S A GOOD ONE!!!!!

SO YA.

BYEEE!!!!!!