Chapter 65: Piper

CRYING BC LAST CHAPTER!!

LITERALLY I AM CRYING.

ACTUAL TEARS.

THIS BOOK HAS BEEN WITH ME FOREVER IT'S GONNA BE SO WEIRD WITHOUT IT!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!

CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK Dakota McGinnis and the Phoenix?

IM ENDING THIS BOOK AND PUBLISHING THAT ONE (I published the new book early tho because i felt like it.... OFFICIALLY A TEENAGER MWHAHA) SO AT LEAST I GOT SOMETHIN TO UPDATE.

THIS CHAPTER IS MOSTLY GONNA BE FLASHBACKS OF PIPER AND JASON BEFORE THE HORRIBLE AUTHOR DECIDED

TO, YA KNOW.

blow him up.

SO HERE'S PIPERRRR.

*tear*

Piper

I sunk down into the park bench. This was always Jason's favorite spot to picnic. He loved this exact bench and carved P+J on it.

I looked at the carving then ran my fingers over it, then broke down crying for the millionth time.

He's gone. He sacrificed himself for Hazel. It was a stupid mistake. If we wouldn't have gone he would still be here.

I looked down at my swelling belly. Ethan would have no father. I could always tell him stories of Jason, how heroic, brave, funny and handsome he was. I could show him the video of Jason sleep talking on the ship.

I grinned a little at the thought. It seemed so long ago.

A jogger ran by and asked if I was okay.

"Yes, I'm alright. Thank you."

I thought about the wedding dress I never got to wear. The other kids we never got to have. The house we would never buy.

Reaching into my pocket I pulled out the little digital camera he had gotten me for my birthday, and found that he had taken pictures I'd never gotten the chance to look at, and scrolled through the 11 of them.

The first one Jason decided to test the camera and take a selfie with the most wild look in his face. Percy was in the background eating Pringles.

The second one both boys were in deadly serious expressions, but Hazel was in the background eating Percy's food.

The third was Jason and Percy again, but it was a video. I pressed play.

"Hello Piper!" Jason screamed.

"Whose Piper?" Percy asked, and I cracked a smile.

"Right now you, Hazel and Sally are in Annabeth's room looking at her dress. Little do you know, I left and we got bored and kinda..."

He held up an empty bag of gummy bears.

"Ate your food!" Percy said cheerfully.

"That's what happened to those." I mumbled, smiling wider.

Jason opened his mouth to say something, but I recognized my voice over the video saying, "Jason? Have you seen my gummy bears?"

The boys exchanged nervous looks and Percy stuffed the empty bag in between the couch cushions of the couch they were sitting on.

Jason sprinted from the couch and picked up the camera and said, "Right now you're coming to kill us. BYE I LOVE YOOOOUUUU!"

Percy commented about his off-key voice and Jason mumbled a shut up, he kissed the camera lens, and the video ended.