Parent Night: Part 1

{Jacks POV}

Y/n is pacing back and forth in the room. Her hands in her hair, about ready to pull it out. I was laying down in the bed, watching.

"What if my parents don't like you anymore? What if your parents don't like me!? What if-"

"Y/n, calm down. Both of our parents have seen you or me. It's not going to change." I comfort.

"But, your parents and my parents never met face to face. What if something goes wrong with that?" Y/n asks nervously.

I sigh a little frustrated. I pat the space between my legs. She looks at me and starts walking towards the bed.

She sits down between my legs. Her back resting on my chest. I wrap my arms around her waist and put my chin on her shoulder. I nuzzle my face into her neck. I kiss it softly.

{Your POV}

You could feel Jacks warm breath tickle your neck softly. It gives you goosebumps on your arms, but in a good way.

"Now it's going to go just fine. Trust me. I love you so very much. I want you to trust me on this baby cakes." Jack whispers softly.

You nod and rest your head on his shoulder. Jack's head shifts and rests on top of your head. He plants a kiss on your head.

"I can't wait until the wedding. It's so simple. Nothing big, nothing too small, just, simple." You say.

Jack doesn't respond. You feel his chest slowly going up and down. His breath was very beachfront and slow.

You, gently, move your head to look at him. His eyes were closed and he looked so peaceful.

He was asleep.

"Awe, my baby boy is asleep." You whisper.

You smile and plant a kiss on his cheek. You slowly get up and put a small blanket over him. You kiss his cheek again and exit the room.

You head downstairs towards the kitchen. You start making dinner for a big group of people.

---

Jack was still asleep. You were on the couch, on your phone with a Skype call with Mark.

"Well, I can't wait for the wedding. Who am I walking down the isle with?" Mark asks.

"I'm not telling you. I have one friend though. She will walk down the isle with you. Bob will walk down with Mandy and Wade will walk down with Molly. You, you will walk down with, whoops, I'm not saying." You joke.

"Man, why do you make things rough!?" He whines.

"Because, you don't always need to know." You say.

Your doorbell rings. You look at it and get up. You open the door and see 2 pairs of parents standing in the doorway.

"Hello!!" They all cheered.

You smiled widely and open the door wide open. Shutting the Skype call. You quickly text Marl sorry and that the parents were there. He understood and said bye.

You set your phone in your Jean pocket and say hello to everyone. As everyone entered, you gave them a hug and said hello.

"Where is Jack?" Mrs. McLoughlin asks.

"He is sleeping upstairs. He fell asleep when we were cuddling in the bed but he eventually fell asleep. I had to do all the work." You joke.

"Well that's not a very good fiancé is it? That's not the Jack we know." Mr. McLoughlin jokes,

"I will go get him. Make yourselves at home." You say.

They all nod and set their stuff down. You ran upstairs and into the bedroom. Jack was sound asleep.

Your face lightened as you walked towards him. You 'awed' and got so close to the bed that you legs were touching it.

"WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD!!" You scream.

You pushed Jack off the head. He landed with a big thud. He got up abruptly and looked at you, rubbing his eyes.

"What was that for?" He asks sleepily.

"Parents. 6:30. Fell asleep on me." You explain.

He looked at you. After his eyes widened and she ran out of the room, down the stairs, then a big cheer.

You laughed and walked back downstairs. Everyone smiled and started laughing.

"Is that how you always wake up Jack?" Your mom asks.

"Nope. It's just that he looked so peacefully sleeping, I wanted a little fun." You laugh.

"Seân McLoughlin, you're supposed to help your future wife making dinner and setting up the table for everyone instead of sleeping young man." Mrs. McLoughlin jokes.

"I'm sorry mom. We were cuddling and she made it so comfy and I fell asleep." Jack yawned.

"You better wake up bud." Mr. McLoughlin says patting his shoulder.

Jack nodded and yawned again. He stretched his arms in the air and let out a groan. He walked towards your parents and held out his arms.

"Awe Jack!! It's so nice to meet you again sweetheart. You've changed! You now have a beard. Not any taller though." Your mom jokes.

She hugs Jack and she pats his back.

"Thanks Mrs. L/n! You haven't changed a bit." Jack says politely.

"Just the wrinkles and grey hairs are growing in." Your dad whispers to you.

Jack and your mom break apart. You burst out laughing. Jack shakes your dads hand.

"Nice to meet you sir." Jack says.

"Nice to see you also Jack or Seân. Which one do you prefer?" Your dad jokes.

You smile and look at Jacks parents. You give both of them big, warm hugs. You knew he got his hugs from his parents.

Jack comes to you side and wraps an arm around you waist. You look at him and he looks at you. You smile and he smiles back. He kisses you and you kiss back.

A small one though.

"Awe!! Our kids are growing so fast!!!" Your mom squeals.

You start laughing and head towards the kitchen. You enter the kitchen and get all the food set down on the dining room table.

Your mom and Jacks mom sat down next to each other. Your dad and Jacks dad sat down across from each other at each end. You were sat next to Jack.

So far so good.