I'm Coming Home

Jack's POV

~6 Years Later~

Well, it's time that I just gave up. I've been "single" for the past nine years and it seems like she's not coming back. I knew it from the start but someone held me back and told me that she was. Well, it's now 2024. I'm now 38 years old and Sam is twelve.

Sam had figured out after awhile when I kept promising her every night. One night, when she was ten, she came down the stairs with her eyes blood shot red and her face puffy with tears. Her pillow tightly wrapped about her.

"Mom's not coming home, isn't she dad?" Sam asked standing in front of the couch.

I was so mad with myself telling her all these lies. I knew I should've to.d her sooner but I just didn't want to break her small and innocent little heart.

"I'm sorry sweetie." I said.

She ran to me as I held my arms out. I held her in my embrace as she cried in my arms and cried with her as well. I felt so bad.

But now Sam is just cooperating without living with a mom. She doesn't care anymore and which I'm not giving a crap about either.

Y/n isn't coming back, that's it.

---

I was editing videos, like usual. I'm a 38 year old man and still doing YouTube. Don't judge me. I'm not as energetic but my fans still love me and I love them as well. No doubt about it.

"Dad, can I talk to you for a second?" Sam asked standing in the doorway.

"Hm, yeah, just editing videos. What do you need?" I asked.

She came over and sat on my lap. Though she was getting a little too big for it, she wanted to and I allowed her.

"What if mom came back? How would you react? Would the family change?" She asked.

"Well, if mom did come back, then I would be the happiest man alive. Your mom is the best woman alive. And, the family would never change. It would just be...completed." I said with a smile.

"What was mom like?" Sam asked.

"Man, what's with all the questions today!?" I asked chuckling and smiling. "Well, your mom was a beautiful young lady. She was very energetic, like me, and she was just my world. She was the hole to my heart. Your mom and I were actually best friends in high school and we were just separated one day. After a few years, she answered a Skype call from Uncle Mark. Apparently, she was living with him. We met up at Pax Prime and we started dating. Your mom just made everyone happy, just like you. Even though you look some what like me, you have your moms personality."

"Mom seemed like a great person." Sam said.

"She was, a great mom. A great wife. A great woman." I said smiling.

Sam smiled back. Man, if Y/n saw her now, we would be giggling and just be having such great fits of laughter.

---

Mark:
She's going to come back, Jack. Just believe.

Jack:
Well, I doubt it anymore.

Mark:
Well, you think that. I'm over here with Logan and Tina.

Jack:
Okay. Talk to you later bud.

Mark:
Yup. Bye.

I groaned in frustration and pulled my fingers threw my hair. Seriously, I couldn't be any better. I need help. No, I don't, I need Y/n. I need Autumn and Nixon. I need everyone back.

I got a text from an unknown number. Seriously, I don't like this because you never know if it's crazed fans but I answered it anyways.

Unknown:
A surprise awaits you.

Well what the fuck. What am I supposed to answer to that?! Seriously, is a person going to come to my door naked saying "have you found Jesus?" like come on!! Give this old man a break!!

Just then, Sam started running down the stairs and headed right out the door. I really didn't care because sometimes when she does that she's out with a friend.

"YOU'RE BACK!!" I herd from outside the door.

I rolled my eyes and got up. It was 4:50 so I decided to make dinner for Sam and I. The door opened and closed.

"Dad, I'm back. Sorry about that." Sam said coming towards me.

"That's fine. Just making some spaghetti." I answered not looking back.

"Some cold spaghetti for the great Papyrus!?" I herd a familiar voice.

I raised my eyebrows and turned around. There, who stood at the doorway of the kitchen were three people I thought I would never see.

Autumn, Nixon, and Y/n.

I dropped the spatula and just stared at them. Me all in awe, thinking that it's only a dream.

"Dad, dad!!! Mom is home!!" Sam cheered.

"Is it really you?" I asked just keeping my eyes on Y/n.

"Yes, it's really me. Y/n M/n McLoughlin. I've come back for good with our two children." Y/n said.

At this point, the kids were off and the two of us were here just standing at each other. Tears were in my eyes as same with Y/n. For about 3 minutes, we didn't say anything,

"I've missed you." Y/n said in a whisper.

"I missed you too." I answered also in a whisper.

I ran over to here and gave her a giant hug. I spun her in circles then set her down comfortably back in the floor, still holding on to her.

I pulled away a little so that we could look at each other, but we still held on. I looked deep into her eyes and she looked back into mine. We leaned forward.

BAM!

Our lips collided for the first time after nine years.