Chapter 9: Jam session

Chapter 9: Jam Session

My second date in less than 48 hours, that has got to be a record right? After I got dressed into my 'casual' clothes I received a text from Cameron.

Cameron: Be there in 5 minutes bring your guitar x

Bring my guitar. Okay, now this is really weird for a second date but I had a feeling what it was.

5 minutes later Cameron was outside. If Jackson saw I was toast. I ran downstairs with my guitar and out the front door, leaving my brother and parents in amazement.

"Are you that happy for our second date that you couldn't wait to get in the car?" Cameron chuckled glancing over at me before he started to drive.

"My parents and brother are at home. If Jackson saw you and noticed who you were then I wouldn't be here going on this second date with you"

"How come?"

"Knowing my brother he will probably have a fangirl moment, then have a go at me for not telling him and then lock me in my room until I breathe my last breath"

"Wow, your brother's a bit harsh isn't he?"

"Yep, but he's alright when you get know him"

"Can't wait to meet him"

"Who says that you will?"

"Good point. I can't wait to not meet him then"

"Well done, anyway where are we going?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out"

"Brilliant"

He said nothing and just continued driving. I decided against grilling him to where we were going because I knew he wasn't going to spill the plans for the evening.

"Oh My God Cameron" was the only thing I could say as we pulled up to the Roundhouse in London.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it! No one has ever done anything like this for me before" Outside the Roundhouse was a sign saying 'Macy Rodriguez private gig for One Night Only!".

"Oh thank god because it took me a while to set this up, it's good that we're playing her tomorrow night again"

"Whoa, Hang on a minute. We are Performing here?"

"Yes"

"Tomorrow night?"

"Yep"

"With me as your support?"

"Yeah"

"Holy cheese and crackers"

"What?"

"I will be performing here tomorrow night after it has been my dream to perform on that stage my whole life"

"Hey, dreams can come true"

"Yeah I guess they can" Cameron got out of the car and opened the door for me. He led me inside and I stood there where just two nights ago I was jumping up and down listening to We Are The In Crowd with Cameron smiling at me which is exactly what he was doing right now. I looked up and he was standing on the stage looking down smiling at me.

"Seem familiar?" he asked.

"Yeah, I prefer it this way with no one here and especially not my two best friends making out next to me"

"That was really funny to watch though. You looked so bored while they were just wrapped up in each other's mouths" he chuckled.

"Oh I'm glad you found it amusing"

"Don't worry I did" he chuckled again, not that I was complaining.

He held his hand out to me. I took it and he pulled me up on stage. He picked up my guitar and took it out of it's case. He handed it to me and put a microphone in front of me.

"Sing" he whispered in my ear.

I started playing Exits and Entrances by We Are The In Crowd.

Once I finished Cameron clapped and shouted. He was practically fangirling, for me.

"That was awesome, if you don't get into NYU then there is seriously something wrong with them"

"Oh stop it" I blushed. After a few more songs Cameron took me backstage where there was a Chinese takeaway waiting. Chinese my favourite.

"I hope you like Chinese"

"Yeah, I love it"

"Good" he put some Chicken chow mein on a plate and handed it to me. I started eating and Cameron sat on the sofa. He patted the space next to him and I sat down. My phone bleeped.

Allie: Hey me and Charlie got 4 tickets to see We Are The In Crowd again tomorrow night. Do you want to go? Jackson is coming xx

My jaw dropped and my whole body froze. I stared at my phone and kept reading the text over and over again. Shit.

"Macy what's wrong?" Cameron asked waving a hand in front of my face.

"Yeah but I might have a problem"

"What's that?"

"Funny story actually. My best friends got tickets to see We Are The In Crowd again tomorrow night, she asked me to go and my brother is going"

"Oh crap, Macy you can't back down now"

"I won't back down but the only problem is they will interrogate me to how I ended up supporting We Are The In Crowd"

"Then tell them the truth"

"What?"

"Tell them that you met me in Starbucks and that I introduced you to the band, you sang for us and then we asked you to support us for the rest of the tour"

"Okay, you are a genius Cameron Hurley"

"Thank you" we finished the Chinese and then we just cuddled up on the sofa. I realised that I hadn't replied to Allie's text. I quickly replied.

Me: Sorry Allie I can't, I'm busy xx

I quickly got a response.

Allie: Okay sure. I asked Daisy and she said yes x

Brilliant note sarcasm here. How could she ask someone so fast? Oh well who cares I am going to be performing for them.

"She got someone else to go"

"Okay" we sat there cuddled up on the sofa in each other's arms. I looked at the time. 10pm. Time goes fast while you're having fun. I looked at Cameron who looked back.

"Shall we go?" he asked.

"I really don't want to but I have to"

Cameron pulled me up from my comfortable sitting position. We made our way back onto the stage to grab our guitars (yes Cameron bought his too) and then we headed out to the car hand in hand. We drove in comfortable silence. When Cameron finally pulled up outside my house, I kissed him on the cheek and said goodbye. I walked through the front door to be greeted by a silent house. Thank God!

But I spoke too soon. As I made my way upstairs at the top was Jackson's Silhouette (I couldn't really see him because it was dark but I could tell it was him).

"Where have you been?" he asked as I walked past him to go to my room.

"Out"

"Why aren't you coming to the gig tomorrow?" I was surprised he dropped the subject of me going out 'til nearly midnight.

"Because I'm busy"

"Doing what?"

"Do I have to tell you everything I do?"

"No, just curious"

"Yeah well curiosity killed the cat"

"Whatever" and with that he left my room. I changed into my pyjamas and then got into bed. I ran through the events of the day and fell asleep with a smile on my face.