Chapter 18: Unexpected

After the chocolate covered strawberries Cameron and I ordered a some blueberry muffins. They were delicious and it brought back memories to when Cameron and I met in Starbucks and we shared a blueberry muffin. Suddenly my phone bleeped.

Jackson: GET HOME NOW!!!

What the fuck? I stood up.

"Where are you going?" Cameron asked confused.

"My brother just told me to get home now"

"I'll take you"

I grabbed the last blueberry muffin and we walked down to the car. Cameron drove me home and we sat in silence.

"Will you come in with me?" I asked sheepishly.

"If you want"

"I want you to"

"Okay"

We walked up to the front door to be greeted by my brother.

"Get in here now!"

"What have I done?" I asked.

"Nothing" well that calmed my pounding heart a little bit. Cameron grabbed my hand and we walked into the living room to be greeted by my parents. My mum was holding an envelope out to me.

"Open it!" my mum said.

"Okay" I took it off her and looked at it. In the bottom right hand corner it said New York University. Oh My God. The letter was early! I looked at Cameron and he nodded.

I opened it.

Dear Miss Macy Rodriguez

We have received your application and audio tracks. We here at New York University think you are very talented and we would like to offer you a full scholarship and for you to start a week on Monday. Could you please ring the college on the following number to confirm that you are willing to take the scholarship and we will sort out boarding and travel.

Yours Sincerely

Professor Carol Maine

Head of music

Oh my god!

"They have offered me a full music scholarship and want me to start a week on Monday" I announced. My mum screamed with joy.

"Well done sweetheart" my mum said through tears. Jackson came and congratulated me. I turned to my dad. He held out another envelope.

"This is for you. You better start packing, you leave in 3 days time with your boyfriend over there" he pointed to Cameron. I hugged my dad and thanked him.

I opened the envelope to find $10,000 and a plane ticket to New York in 3 days time. The EXACT same flight as Cameron and We Are The In Crowd. Cameron looked over my shoulder.

"Oh good I'm not sitting next to a complete stranger"

"What do you mean?"

"Well my seat number is J6 and yours is J5, they are next to each other"

"Oh my god" I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him tight. He chuckled.

I looked up at him and then turned to my parents who looked at me expectantly. I don't know why though, they already met Cameron and I introduced him as my boyfriend, we did that 2 days ago and had dinner.

"What?" I asked.

"You will look after yourself won't you?" my mum said. They were worried about me.

"Yes mum, I'll be fine and I have Cameron to look after me"

"Yeah Mrs Rodriguez I will look after her" Cameron reassured. He was so cute.

"I know you will, now go on upstairs and pack your things Macy" my mum said. I grabbed Cameron's hand and we ran upstairs to my bedroom. Once we were in the comfort of my bedroom I turned to Cameron and kissed him passionately.

"I've been wanting for you to do that since we got here" he murmured.

"I bet you have"

I kissed him again and pulled on his shirt so he had to take a step towards me. I pulled away from him. "I better start packing"

"If you must" he lied on my bed cuddling a pillow. I walked into my closet and grabbed all of my clothes. I was taking most of them because I don't know when I'll be back in London. Hopefully never but I could always buy some new clothes once I get a job at Starbucks. A few weeks ago I applied for a working permit in America and I was granted it so I can officially work in New York and earn my own money. Hopefully if I get put in a band and we get discovered then I will be fine, but for now I will have to work in a coffee shop.

I didn't really care. I just couldn't believe I actually got into NYU let alone a full scholarship as I didn't even apply for one.

I'M SO EXCITED AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT! I'm sorry I couldn't resist.

She finally got into NYU on a full scholarship! She's going to New York with Cameron! Please vote and comment what you think and if you have any ideas that I could use.