Chapter 55: Back to New York

So these past few days have been great, hanging out with family and friends. But today we go back to New York and then on to L.A.

We're standing in an airport, or more like I'm standing in an airport. Alone. They've all ditched me with the luggage to go shop. Rude.

"Hey Macy" Peter said, approaching me.

"Hey Peter"

"They left you?"

"Yep"

"Horrible people"

"I know right" Peter stayed with me until they returned.

Our flight was called and we boarded the plane.

"Where's everyone sitting then?" my dad asked.

"I'm sitting next to Peter" I stated as Cameron looked at me, I just shrugged my shoulders.

"I'll sit next to Mike then" was that disappointment laced in his voice?

I sat by the window, Peter next to me.

"Why didn't you want to sit next to Cameron?" he asked.

"Because I wanted to sit next to my best friend, who I haven't seen in forever"

"We are about to take off, so please buckle your seatbelts" the flight attendant said.

Five minutes later we took off. Peter and I, one earphone in each ear, listening to my iPod and the songs we used to listen to when we were at school. I rested my head on his shoulder, as he rested his on my head.

"I love you Peter"

"I love you too Wendy"

Peter fell asleep, but I couldn't.

"Psst...... Macy" I looked behind me and saw Cameron waving as few rows back. He pointed to the back of the plane and then motioned me to follow him. I peeled Peter off me, without disturbing and followed Cameron, to what looked like the bathroom. He unlocked the door and pulled me in with him, locking the door behind me.

"What do you want Cameron?" I sighed.

"I haven't seen you much in the past few days"

"You've slept with me"

"Yeah, but we've not exactly talked have we?"

"Well I'm sorry, but you're not the only person in my life" I snapped, wait, why was I mad at him?

"I know I'm not, but you've spent most of your time with Peter"

"After what he's been through, yes Cameron. We both lost our best friend"

"Why are you mad at me?"

"Because you think that I should spend all of my time with you"

"I don't think that, it's just that you've spent the past three days with Peter and then you sat by him on the plane"

"Oh I'm sorry, was I meant to sit next to you?"

"You have all the other times, why change now?"

"Because he's my best friend"

"Yeah, and I'm your boyfriend Macy"

"I haven't seen him in months Cameron, I've spent nearly everyday with you, since I started dating you"

"Don't you think I know that"

"So why are you having a go at me?"

"I'm not Macy"

"Are you jealous?" Cameron looked startled.

"What?"

"Are you jealous?"

"Of?"

"Peter. Are you jealous of Peter?"

"Fine, yes Macy. I'm jealous of Peter"

"Why?"

"Because ever since he came back onto the scene, I've been invisible to you" I cupped his cheek with my hand.

"He's been through so much Cameron, he needs me"

"And I need you" he whispered.

"I know, I love you Cameron, but think about it this way.... You're going to be in the studio recording, and what am I going to be doing? Nothing, but with Peter here, he can keep me company"

"And what about when I finish recording?" he looked at me with sadness in his eyes.

"Then Peter will go back to Oxford and we'll go back to Poughkeepsie" I placed a gentle kiss on his lips.

"I love you Pluto, and that will never change"

Cameron kissed me gently but passionately.

"We should go back" he murmured, his lips brushing against mine with every word he spoke.

"Yeah we should" he kissed me again and then unlocked the door. We headed back to our seats, Cameron next to a snoring Mike and me next to an awake Peter.

"Everything okay?" he asked as I sat down.

"Yeah" I put my earphone back in my ear and lied my head on his shoulder.

That argument with Cameron scared me. It was our first argument, and I was terrified that I would lose him.

So my dear readers, get ready for an rollercoaster ride!