Chapter 10: First Gig and it definitely won't be the last

Read Author's Note at the bottom!

Chapter 10: First Gig and it definitely won't be the last

When I woke up I put on some blue skinny jeans and a T Shirt. I also grabbed some clothes to get changed into for tonight's performance. Cameron picked me and my guitar up at 10am for sound check.

During sound check I did my set which was basically covers and then I watched We Are The In Crowd's set and they were amazing as usual. When they finished their sound check Cameron came over to me.

"We've got to be back here by 4pm" he said.

"Okay, it's 12pm now so what shall we do?"

"We could always go to the Starbucks where we first met?"

"Okay" Starbucks was only around the corner so we decided to walk. When we got there Cameron ordered our drinks and we waited. We decided that we would go back to the Roundhouse. He handed me my coffee and then started walking back.

"Are you nervous?" he asked looking at me.

"Yeah, I just don't know what my friends and brother will think"

"Why?"

"Because they haven't really heard me play guitar or sing"

"No Way, why not?"

"Because I lock myself away in my music room. The only thing they have heard me play is the Piano"

"You play that too?"

"Yeah"

"Anything else you play?"

"Trumpet, Clarinet, Keyboard, Drums, Bass and I do a little bit of remixing for fun"

"Holy Shit"

"What?"

"I didn't know you had so many talents"

"I guess I am just full of surprises"

"You got that one right" we continued walking and then went backstage. We went into my dressing room. Yes I have my own dressing room, how cool is that? Cameron sat on the sofa sipping his coffee while I was playing my guitar.

"I'm living the dream, it's not a fantasy, now all of you scream" I sang.

"What was that?"

"It's just an original song I came up with"

"You should sing that tonight"

"I would but that is as far as I got"

"Okay, we'll work on it now"

He grabbed his guitar and I showed him the chords to play. I started writing down lyrics. It was 4pm and we finally finished the song.

"Well I'm going to get ready for the show and I cannot wait to hear that song tonight" Cameron said standing up.

"Yeah it's the first song I've actually finished" he nodded.

"Well get ready for your first gig, and it definitely won't be the last" with that said he walked out of the room. I grabbed my bag and got my clothes for the show out.

I chose black ripped skinny jeans, A tank top that I designed and my white converse which I had drawn all over to make them my own. The tank top that I designed had a skull and a rose with the inscription 'never give up'. I designed it after I lost my best friend who was like my sister. She committed suicide because she couldn't deal with the bullies and pain anymore. Her last words to me were 'never give up on your dreams' so that's why I have 'never give up' on my top because those 3 words mean the most to me.

I looked at the clock 5pm. 2 hours until the show starts. I got changed and took a walk around the venue.

"Macy" I turned around to see Tay walking towards me.

"Hey Tay"

"You alright?"

"Yeah you?"

"I heard that song that you wrote earlier"

"Really?"

"Yeah I was standing outside and I've got to admit I loved it and I am a fan"

"Thanks Tay that means so much"

"Cameron told me about you brother and friends coming tonight. Don't worry about it, just have the time of your life and like you said in the song your living your dreams"

"Thanks Tay"

"I'm guessing that song as a meaning/story behind it?"

"Yeah it does"

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to"

"My best friend who was like my sister committed suicide because she couldn't take the pain and the bullying anymore and she always told me to never give up on my dreams and I just wish she was here tonight to see me"

"Macy, she is here, she is looking down on you and she would be proud"

"I know she would"

"Now let's get ready for the show" she grabbed my hand and we walked to the rest of the band. Cameron put his arm around my shoulder and whispered "You okay?" I nodded and he gave me a reassuring side hug.

"You will do great" he whispered in my ear again.

"Thanks" I whispered back.

"Right everyone I would like to say something" Tay said, we all nodded for her to go ahead.

"This show is for all the people we have lost along this rollercoaster journey. This show is for them and they are looking down on us with proudness on their faces" Tay said, I felt tears come to my eyes and Cameron hugged me.

"Alright guys we have 10 minutes till show time" the tour manager said, we all nodded towards him. I was going on first to perform my first original song in front of loads of people including my brother and best friends. Shit.

"You'll be fine, just imagine you are in your music room alone" Cameron said and gave me another reassuring hug. I walked to the side of the stage with my guitar and I saw my brother and best friends on the font row in exactly the same place we were the other night. Cameron came up to me.

"It's your time to shine and show them what you've got" he kissed my forehead and then pushed me onto the stage. I was so going to get him back for that. I walked to the centre of the stage and all eyes were on me. I looked down at my brother and best friends, the look on their faces was priceless, their jaws were all on the floor.

"Hey everyone, my name is Macy Rodriguez and I am supporting We Are The In Crowd" I said into the microphone. Everyone cheered. I looked to the side of the stage to see We Are The In Crowd giving me a thumbs up. This is for you Stacey, here goes nothing.

Look guys. The song that I originally wrote that I was going to put in this story was about losing someone and wishing they were here. However I changed it and wrote another which will be in the story but I wanted you to know her background story but the song still sort of reflects that. Hope you enjoyed it. Please vote and Comment.