Chapter 52: What a way to ruin the moment

Tour was good. Fuck that, tour was AMAZING! Just to spend everyday with Cameron and my friends was a blessing. We now have a two day break before Reading and Leeds. I'm so excited, I can't wait to meet all the amazing bands I love.

Jackson and I became somehow, closer? I guess after everything we've been through we need each other. I've not stopped thinking about Lillie and who killed her. Who would do that? The police are still trying to find out, so at the moment we play the waiting game. Her funeral's soon and I'm terrified, but Cameron keeps reassuring me that he'll be there along with Peter and Jackson.

"Macy, what are you doing?" his gentle voice made my vital organs melt like butter.

"Just drawing some stuff, maybe turn it into a tattoo design"

"Can I have a look?" I handed him my sketchbook and took a sip of water as he flipped through it.

"These are amazing, why didn't you become a tattoo artist?" he looked at me with admiration in his eyes.

"I did"

"What?"

"I took a tattooing course when I was still in school, I'm a professional tattoo artist and tattooist"

"Any more secrets I don't know about?"

"Nope don't think so. Have you ever thought about getting a tattoo?"

"Not really, but if I did would you do it?" I smiled at him.

"Yes and I promise I'll be gentle"

"Good"

I continued to draw, as Cameron played his guitar, Green Day to be exact. Wake Me Up When September Ends to be more specific. I started singing along.

"Summer has come and passed, the innocent can never last wake me up when september ends"

Cameron smiled at me, but soon stopped playing. He placed the guitar on the floor and walked over to me. He sat on the bed and cupped my face in his hands.

"You're so beautiful" he whispered before kissing me. His kisses trailed along my jaw and down my neck until...

"Ouch!" he pulled away, looking worried.

"The love bite you gave me the other day, yeah it still hurts"

"Shit, sorry"

"It's okay" I stroked his cheek and kissed him again. I threw my sketchbook onto the floor and laid down, pulling Cameron with me. His hand made its way up my vest, as mine made its way up his shirt. I tangled my fingers in his hair, as his tangled in mine. Our lips moved in sync, a perfect match.

"Macy, oh dear sorry" I heard my mum's voice and Cameron got off me, going back to his guitar. What a way to ruin the moment.

"I didn't mean to intrude" she gushed. Are her cheeks turning red? Yes, yes they are.

"It's fine mum, honestly" I said sitting up.

"Right okay then. Anyway, Macy you know a few months ago you said you would tattoo me?"

"Yeah"

"Well I've decided on a design"

"What?" She handed me the design as I looked at it. It was a rose with the quote 'Love planted a rose, and the world turned sweet'.

"Okay, where do you want it?"

"On my shoulder"

"Okay, let's go downstairs to the studio and I'll do it for you"

"Okay sweetie" she left the room and went downstairs.

"Do you want to come and watch?" I asked Cameron heading to the door.

"Sure, I wanna see your studio"

We walked down to the basement, where my studio was based. I unlocked the door and turned the lights on. The walls were covered in my designs and in the centre of the room was a tattooing chair. My mom sat down and waited until I had sketched the design onto transfer paper. I walked over to mum, adjusted the chair and told her to take her top off (so I could access her shoulder you dirty people), and lay on her stomach. I fetched my inks from the cupboard and put a new needle in the tattoo machine/gun and sat on my stool. Cameron sat in the corner on a spare stool. I shaved my mum's shoulder and then wiped it with alcohol. I placed the stencil on the area and pressed down so it would stick. After a minute or two, I pulled it off to reveal the stencil I was working with. I turned on the tattoo gun and heard the familiar buzz I've missed. I dipped the needle in the ink and then started tattooing my mum, wiping to remove the blood.

"You okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine"

After an hour and a half, I finally finished. I reflected the tattoo in a mirror with then reflected of the another mirror my mum was holding, so she could see it.

"It's amazing Macy, thank you"

"No problem" I wiped the excess blood and then placed a dressing on it.

"Now be careful with it, clean it with this everyday until it's healed" I handed her a bottle of tattoo care liquid.

"I will" she headed back upstairs, as I tidied up.

"That was awesome" Cameron said, helping.

"Thanks, I try my best"

"I didn't know the process until now"

"It's really complicated"

"You might have just changed my mind about the tattoo thing"

"Really?"

"No" I cleaned and disinfected everything, threw my gloves in the bin and punched Cameron's arm.

"You're such a tease" I said whilst walking back to my room.

"You love it really"

He was right. I did love it, even if it was annoying.