Chapter 14: What's going on Macy?

Cameron took me back to an empty house. Well what I thought was an empty house. I went into my bedroom and shut the door only for it to be opened again.

"What's going on Macy?" the sound of my brother's voice startled me.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what's going on with you and Cameron Hurley?"

"Nothing"

"It didn't seem like nothing outside the Roundhouse after your gig"

"Whatever, I don't even know what's going on myself so how the fuck am I meant to tell you?"

"What do you mean you don't know what's going on?"

"Exactly what I said. I. Don't. Know" it was like talking to a 3 year old.

"Well you should know"

"Why should I know?"

"Because you've been spending so much time with him, your inseparable"

"Yeah Jackson you're right, I've been spending so much time with him because he is helping me"

"With what?"

"He helped me with my NYU application, he helped me get the gig and I enjoy his company"

"Does he enjoy your company?"

"Yes"

"Fucking ask him Macy"

"No that's rude"

"No it's not, just say you are confused with your friendship/relationship"

"We don't have a relationship, yes we've been on two dates but he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend"

"Do you want to be?"

"Do I want to be what?"

"Do you want to be his girlfriend?"

"I don't know. I've had a crush on him for ages but now that I've got to know him that crush has gone. I don't know what I feel towards him and I don't know how he feels towards me"

"Okay, if he asked you to be his girlfriend what would you say?"

"I would say yes"

"So there's your answer, you like him" my brother was right I did like Cameron, but did he like me back? Then everything from the NYU application in his hotel room flooded back to me.

"Why do you want to help me follow my dreams?"

"Because I think your cool and you deserve it after what I have just heard. You are talented and that kind of talent needs to be recognised. Plus I know this sounds stupid as I have only just met you but I like you"

"Well I like you too"

"I really want to get to know you more and hang out with you" he said shyly.

"Okay well I am free everyday"

And then after the band meeting

 "Why would you want to spend more time with me? You spent the whole day with me yesterday"

"Because I like you"

"I like you too"

"No Macy, you don't get it. I really like you" Holy cow. Cameron Hurley likes me. Really likes me.