Chapter 64: Christmas with the Hurleys

Terrified is an understatement to what I'm feeling right now. You know when you feel so scared, that you feel physically sick and could throw up at any minute? Yeah, that's how I feel right now. Cameron pulled my hand in his and kissed my cheek. "It'll be fine, we're gonna have fun" he whispered in my ear before kissing my jaw.

Cameron was dressed up as Joseph, he looked ridiculous with a towel on his head with a shoelace keeping it in place. He was also wearing a brown bath robe and he also bought a toy donkey, which was tucked under his arm.

As for me, I'm Mary. I was wearing a Dark blue dress that come up just above my knees and a thin gold belt. I also had a piece of white bed sheet on my head, with the other shoelace keeping it in place. Now I bet you're thinking, Mary was pregnant with baby Jesus, so how is she Mary if she's not pregnant? Well I'll tell you.

Dylan's mum is a midwife and sometimes she goes around to schools to create awareness of teenage pregnancy and stuff like that. Anyway, she has a load of fake baby bumps, for the students to try, to see what baby bump feels like. It also give the boys a chance to understand what the girls have to put up with for 9 months. So, I asked Dylan's mum if I could borrow a 12 week baby bump (so it looks believable) and she said I could use it. So I put it on under my dress, showing a little baby bump. I decided to be Mary in the early stages of pregnancy, instead of I've got to give birth in a filthy stable because I'm about to drop Mary.

"You look beautiful" Cameron said looking down at me.

"Thank you Joseph"

"You're welcome Mary, now let's get this hell over with"

He knocked on the door and his mum opened the door, or should I say Mrs Claus opened the door.

"Joseph, you're here and you brought Mary with you as well"

"Yes Mrs Claus, how are the elves?"

"They're good"

"And how about Mr and Mrs ginger?"

"Why don't you ask them yourself?"

Rich then came to the door, dressed in a Santa outfit.

"Why are you two standing outside?"

"Your wife hasn't let us in" Cameron replied.

"What are you doing woman? Let the poor children in"

He motioned for us to come in and go to the living room.

"Macy, this is Courtney's boyfriend Vince" Cameron introduced.

"Vince, this is my girlfriend Macy" we exchanged hello's and greeted each other, before the question was asked. The person to ask it was Cameron's mum. Here we go!

"Macy, how did you make that bump so realistic?"

Cameron wrapped his arm around my waist and whispered in my ear "Let the fun begin", when he pulled away his arm stayed around my waist.

"Mom, dad, Courtney and Vince, Macy and I have some news to tell you" he placed a hand on my 'bump' and continued "We're expecting a baby"

There reactions were priceless. All of their mouths fell to the ground. I really wanted to laugh and so did Cameron, but we suppressed it.

"Excuse us" Cameron said, grabbing my hand and pulling me upstairs. We could hear the hushed whispers as we headed to his old room. We entered and Cameron closed the door and fell against it laughing, me soon joining.

"T-their faces" he said between laughs.

"T-they were so funny" he continued.

I walked over to him and kissed him.

"They believed it though"

"I know, the idiots" I laughed at his statement.

"Shall we tell them it's a joke?" I asked.

"No, let's see how this play a out" he said kissing me again.

"Okay, we should go back down"

Cameron nodded and led me downstairs.

"They've only been dating for 6 months" I could hear his mum's voice. Cameron stopped on the last step, me placing my hands in his shoulders, listening closely.

"Yeah but she makes him happy and they are really loved up mom"

"I know that Courtney, but don't you think it's a bit soon. Don't they know about this thing called contraception"

"I'm sure they do" was her response.

Cameron grabbed my hand and entered the room.

"Sweetie, I'm so happy for you" his mum enveloped him into a hug. I went to stand by Richard, who whispered in my ear "I know it's a joke"

"How?"

"Cameron told me and I've got to say that it's brilliant, but how long are you going to keep it up?"

"I have no idea, until Cameron decides to tell them the truth"

"Okay, but I would love to see how this plays out"

"So do I and Cameron"

Cameron's mum soon pulled me into a hug.

"You can now call me Kathy" she said looking into my eyes. She pulled me into another hug and looked over her shoulder to see Cameron and his dad laughing silently.

"Lets have dinner" Kathy said, guiding us into the dining room.

This is going to be an interesting Christmas dinner.