Chapter 5

Mackenzie's POV

Lily and I run down to breakfast as fast as we can to get away from the 'idiots' as she calls them. As we run by, all of the portraits yell at us for waking them up and telling us to make less noise by slowing down. We keep running and laughing until the worse thing happens. We run into my mother.

"Girls! What on earth are you two doing? I thought you two would know better than to run in the halls," Professor McGonagall scolds us. Lily doesn't know she is my mum.

"Sorry Professor," Lily says softly. "We were running away from the Marauders."

"Not those four again," Mum says shaking her head. "Since it's the start of the second term I won't punish you but don't let me catch you running in the halls again, understood? Good. Head down to breakfast Lily, I need to speak with Mackenzie for a few moments."

"Okay, Professor," Lily says softly before giving me a smile and walking around the corner.

"Come with me to my office Mackenzie," Mum says quickly.

We walk to her office and sit down in her comfy chairs.

"What do you need to talk with me about Mum?" I ask her.

"I'm just wondering how your first night went and if you made any friends, I saw you sat with the Marauders."

"I had lots of fun!" I exclaim. "I spent the whole night with the Marauders and they said I could become one too! I just met Lily this morning because I fell asleep in the common room and Remus carried me up to their room and had me sleep in his bed."

"You slept through a whole night?" Mum asks astonished.

"Well, not quite. When Remus placed me down on James bed I ended up having a nightmare but then I moved to Remus' bed and slept the rest of the night."

"That's wonderful darling, we can talk more later. Here is your schedule and head on down to breakfast so your friends don't worry."

"Okay Mum, I will see you later in transfiguration," I say as I run out of her office.

I walk down to the Great Hall and some how manage to not run into anyone.  Everyone must be at breakfast already.  I walk in, ignoring all of the whistles and stares, and spot fire red hair sitting halfway down the Gryffindor Table.  I sneak up behind Lily and poke her which makes her jump 20 feet into the air. Okay, I'm exaggerating, she jumped a foot.  I start laughing hysterically along with everyone who saw while Lily glares at me.

"Well, as I was saying, this is Mackenzie, she is in our dorm." Lily says to the girls sitting around her as I sit down.  "Mackenzie, meet the girls."

"Hey, I'm Marlene McKinnon," says a girl with blonde hair, "and this is Alice Fortescue and Mary MacDonald." She says pointing to a small girl with short brown hair and then a medium height girl with reddish brown hair.

"Hey," I say softly, "sorry I took so long Lily. McGonagall had to give me my schedule and see how I'm settling in."

"You got your schedule? Let me see your schedule!" Lily says with a smile.  I hand her over my schedule and she starts to grin.

"You have Transfiguration, Potions, Astronomy, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology and Charms with all of us," Lily exclaims.  "Unfortunately we have these classes with the Marauders as well. But you also have Ancient Runes, Astronomy, Arithmacy, and Care of Magical Creatures with me and Marlene, as well as Remus.  Plus James and Sirius in Astronomy and Care of Magical Creatures."

"Ooh, this is going to be fun then!" I shout.

"Sometimes but not really because of the Marauders. Remus is great though," Lily says softly.

"I think the Marauders are awesome," I say proudly.

"Well, of course you think we are awesome because you are a Marauder too, Kenzie," Sirius winks as he slides down and throws an arm around my shoulders.

"Good morning ladies," Remus says smoothly as he sits down next to Sirius. James and Peter slide down so they are across from Sirius and Remus.  "Is that your schedule?" he asks me.

"Yup! And Lily already told me that I have all of my classes with you and what classes I have with everyone else," I say with a grin.

"That's awesome Mack," Remus grins back.

I reach over and pile some eggs, bacon, and fruit onto my plate.  I feel someone looking nice at me and turn to find Remus staring at me.  He's looking at how much food I have on my plate and probably can't believe I'm going to eat it all.  What can I say, I'm small but I have to eat a lot to stay healthy.  He starts chuckling.

"What's so funny Remus?" I question him.

"Yeah Remus, what's so funny?" James exclaims.  "She might have a lot of food on her plate but she has less than you and you will eat all of that.  You will wolf it down in ten minutes I bet." He says with a chuckle.

Remus sends a harsh glare at James before turning to me and saying, "I find it funny because you seem like such a small girl who would eat pancakes or muffins for breakfast every morning."

"I would love to eat those for breakfast but I have celiac which means I can't eat any gluten. Well sometimes I will eat cake or pie on special occasions but that's it," I respond quietly.

"Oh, okay! That makes sense," Remus says with a grin.

"At home and at my uncles, I would make rice pancakes to eat along with eggs and bacon," I say, remembering what it was like back home.

Remus and I stay quiet for the rest of breakfast while everyone chats around us so I'm not surprised when we are the first two done eating.

"Anyone want to head up to transfiguration? I want to explore the castle for a little bit and don't want to be late," I inform them.

"I'll come with you Mack," Remus says softly.

"Thanks Remus!" I respond cheerfully.

Remus and I stand up and head out of the Great Hall.