NEW Chapter 9 (not a rewrite- completely new)

Sirius POV

            It's two days later when James and I finally track down Mackenzie and get her alone. Which shouldn't have been this hard because it's a Sunday but still.

            Sunday September 15th. One week to Quidditch tryouts. "Why didn't we check the quidditch pitch first after she wasn't in the library with Lily?" I grumble to James as we march across the grass towards the pitch.

            James shrugs, "How were we supposed to know she likes quidditch?"

             I look at him. "She's Minnie's daughter! Of course she likes quidditch!"

            He grumbles and walks faster. "We only have two open spots... She better not be hoping for chaser."

            I roll my eyes and push my hair out of my eyes. I should never have brought it up, he's only going to be thinking about the team from now on. Why did McGonagall choose him to be captain?

            But then again who else would she have given it to. She would've never have chosen me, and Emmaline is too young. Maybe Remus but he wouldn't've accepted it and I bet she knew that. Which left only one person, James freaking Potter.

            Now don't get me wrong, I love him. He's my best friend and my brother but boy does he obsess over quidditch. And not like slightly obsessed, like fully once he starts talking about it he won't stop for like the next 3 days.

            We finally reach the stands and I grab James' arm to get him to stop walking. "Can you stop please?"

             He scrunches his eyebrows, "Stop doing what?"

             "Talking about quidditch," I say quickly before holding up my hands. "We came to talk to her about transfiguration remember, not the bloody quidditch trials."

            He nods solemnly, "Got it."

            I duck through the opening and cut through our locker rooms and enter the pitch. I look up to see Mackenzie flying fast in circles around the pitch.

            "Sonorus," I mutter pointing my wand at my throat. "Hey Mackenzie, get down her real quick." I look over at James to check to make sure he is still behind me, "Quietus."

            I see her head jolt, probably at the sound of my voice, and she quickly changes course and comes to a stop in front of us.

            She keeps hovering, "Do you need something?"

            I nod and look back at James. "Yeah we need to talk to you quick," James says softly.

            She jumps off her broom and tosses it over her shoulder. "What can I do for you boys?" she says as she walks towards the Gryffindor team bench.

            She leans her broom against the bench and sits down. "Well?"

            James and I stand in front of Mackenzie and I wait for him to start talking but apparently, he was thinking the same because he didn't say anything.

            I sigh, "We need to ask you a few questions about what happened on Friday?"

            "Good lord," she groans, "did Remus not explain to you how we got the candies? I told him to tell you about that passageway to Honeydukes. I know its kind of a far walk but since we don't have a Hogsmeade weekend coming up for another two weeks I thought maybe it would be okay – "

            "No, not that," I say quickly, cutting her off before she continues rambling. "He told us all about the one-eyed witch."

            "We want to know about the little creature that burst into our room earlier," James says firmly, crossing his arms.