Chapter 26

Merry Christmas!!! I hope everyone has a happy holiday this season! I made this chapter longer than the previous ones and hope you enjoy it!! It will be a few days, possibly up to a week before the next chapter will be posted due to how long this one is and how long it took me to write it.  Enjoy!!

Remus' POV

"Remus, stop checking your watch," Sirius hisses into my ear. Immediately I put my hand down. "That is the 15th time you've checked it in the last 5 minutes."

"It's 8:58, Mack said she was meeting me here but what if she doesn't show," I whisper back.

"Merlin's beard Remus, get a grip. This is a dance not a marriage. She won't get cold feet and not show," James jokes.

"Good one James," Sirius says quickly. "And besides, this is the girl that was upset that she didn't get a date to the dance in the first place. Why would she not show up when she got a date?"

"And a good looking one at that," Peter chimes in.

"Thanks mates," I say softly.

I cast my sight up the Grand Staircase again hoping to see Mack when Lily and Marlene come around the corner and head toward their twin dates.

"Man, doesn't Lily look beautiful in that green dress?" James says dreamily. "Her eyes are glowing from the dress."

"She looks very pretty mate but I think Marlene looks better. Like c'mon with her hair like that," Sirius sighs.

"Well if you weren't dumbasses all the time, you probably could've asked them and they would've said yes," I stress. I'm still mad at them for what they did to Mackenzie.

"Stop being so upset Remus. If it wasn't for us you would've been in the same boat as us watching your dream date go to the dance with someone else," James sasses.

"I mean if you manned up we wouldn't have had to do that in the first place," Sirius adds on.

"Oh shut it," I snap before looking at the staircase just in time to see Mack appear.

"Wow," I whisper. She looks so good in her navy dress. Like wow, and her hair. It's wavy and seems shorter. My date looks so good, better than everyone else here.

"She looks beautiful mate," Sirius says cheerfully.

"Does her hair seem shorter to you?" I ask.

"Yeah but it looks good," James assures us.

"No doubt, it looks beautiful!" I agree. "I like how she colored it too. The blue looks so good and with her eyes."
James and Sirius turn and look at me. "Stop gushing over her and go tell her how beautiful she looks."

I look over at her and see she's finally nearing us. I walk over to her and she stops right in front of me. "Hello beautiful," I say softly.

She looks down and blushes, "Hi Remus."

I reach out and tuck a loose piece of hair behind her ear. "I'm glad you chose navy. Navy is definitely your color."

"Thanks Remus," she says with a grin. "Navy looks good on you too," she says while admiring my suit.

"Why thank you my lady," I say with a smile leading her over to the other boys.

"MACKENZIE!" James and Sirius shout.

She crosses her arms in front of her chest and tries to frown. I burst out laughing and she turns her fake glare to me. I wrap my arms around her and pull her close. "No one believes your frown Mack," I whisper in her ear.