Chapter 59

Sirius' POV

"FINISH-"

WHACK

"-PACKING-"

WHACK

"-YOUR SHIT!"

I cringe in anticipation for the hit that is inevitable. I open my eyes and peer over at the small brunette glaring at us with the entire works of William Shakespeare held tightly in her grip.

"I swear to Merlin, if we don't make this bloody train because you numbskulls left off packing this hellhole until the last possible second, I will obliviate you into next year!" Mackenzie screeches before slamming the book square into my back.

I stumble forward on impact and let out a full string of curses. "You can leave," I groan. "If we are bothering you all that much."

I spare a glance in my mirror and immediately look away. Hell hath no fury like a woman. Especially when this woman can change her appearance to look like a living she-devil. The hot-headed monster storms out of the room and instantly a body slams onto their bed.

"Remus, control your girlfriend. Just because it's her time of the month doesn't mean she doesn't have to take it out on us," James groans, laying face first on the scarlet Gryffindor blankets.

Remus huffs, then slams his trunk shut. "I've tried literally everything, I gave her tons of chocolate!"

"That usually solves everything," I mumble under my breath. "Of course the two choc-a-holics became soulmates." I slam my trunk shut before turning around to face Peter who, just like always, is slower than us at everything. It's not like it's his fault or anything; James, Remus, and I tend to think in sync while he is like our old uncle Orville, just on his own schedule.

"Wingardium leviosa," Remus mutters from the side, floating up his trunk and having it follow him out the door. I lug mine onto my shoulder as James hurries Peter along to join us. We trapise down the stairs in single file before stopping at the portrait hole.

"Another year done and over with mates," I grin, looking over at James. "You ready to go home Prongsie?"

James smirks, "Why yes I am Padfoot. We've got a mum and dad to annoy."

Remus sighs, "Don't drive the Potters too nuts. I won't be there for a little bit to control you two."

"Speaking over that, when are you going to stay over at the Dumbledore's?" I tease, pushing Remus out of the portrait hole.

"I mean it's obviously not the first two weeks of vacation because Mackenzie is coming over to our house first. Mum is so excited that Minnie is finally allowing her little girl to stay at our house," James rolls his eyes. "She better not be acting like this the whole time," he mutters lowly for me to hear.

His face turns pink before sputtering out an answer. "Well... I umm... I'm not going to stay overnight there. My mum and dad don't quite know we are soulmates or you know."

"More like her mum and dad don't know you are coming over," Peter pipes up from behind as we saunter down the long staircase.

Remus rolls his eyes. "I'm staying at my house for two weeks then coming to the Potters. And then later in the summer, who knows, I may go back home before joining you again."

James nods, "And Peter, are you sure you won't be able to join us at all this summer?"

He shakes his head, seeming to grow more small and pale, "My mum wants me home all summer with her, especially with this Dark Lord rising and all."