NEW Chapter 11

James' POV

"Who's ready for some pranking?" I grin when I sit down at the Gryffindor table for breakfast today.

They all look up at me with blank looks. And by they I mean Sirius, Remus, and Peter.

"What?"

They look at each other and shake their heads.

I hear a weird noise and look to my left just in time to see Emmaline sliding down the bench to be next to me. "Did my captain seriously just forget that our quidditch tryouts are today?"

I look back at Sirius with my mouth gaped open. "Today is the 21st?"

"The one and only September 21st."

"Damn," I say softly looking down at my food and shaking my head. "There is so much to do. I have to figure out what drill we are going to run during tryouts – "

"A mock game," Sirius says. "That's what we always do."

"And how are we going to decide how to separate the groups?"

"Youngest go first," Emmaline answers, drawing my attention back to her. She's already dressed and has her hair pulled back from her face. "That's how we always do it."

"And I have to make a decision of what players will be on our team..." I say quietly.

I hear a fork clatter against a plate and look up to see Remus looking at me with his hands crossed over his chest. "You basically have a full team already. 4 players graduated and half were reserved players. Unless someone is better that Sirius at beater," he sasses shooting a look at him, "Which is pretty likely because you know he will be staring at the girls in their athletic clothes."

Emmaline clears her throat and looks away awkwardly. "Except for you Em," Sirius says with a wink.

Remus leans over and smacks Sirius on the back of the head. "Then you don't have too big of a decision."

"HEY POTTER!" A voice shouts from further down the table. I lean forward to see Marlene leaning forward and looking back at me. "YOU READY?"

"HELL YEAH!" I shout back, ignoring all the whispers and the glare Lily is giving both Marlene and myself.

I see Mackenzie lean forward and ask Marlene a question. I see Marlene shrug then she shouts, "11 AM RIGHT?"
I look over at Remus who nods. "YES."

Both the girls nod and Mackenzie gets up from the table and starts walking towards us. Across from me, Remus and Sirius fall silent and look down at their food. I look at them funny but then a tap on my shoulder makes me turn around.

"Inside voice please Mr. Potter," Minerva McGonagall says sharply. "You are not on the Quidditch pitch yet."

"Yes professor," I nod. She gives us a slight smile and then walks back to the Head table.

"Hey Emmaline," Mackenzie says softly, drawing my attention away from her mother and towards her. "Are you done eating yet?"

She shakes her head and scooches closer to me so Mackenzie can sit down. "I'll be done in a minute though."
She nods and grabs a banana from the basket sitting in front of us. She peels it slowly while Emmaline scarfs down a few more bites.
"Maybe I can help you," Sirius says with a grin. "I'm all done."

She shakes her head, "No thanks, I'd prefer Emmaline's help over you."

"What do you need me to help you with?" she asks quietly.