Chapter 32

Mack's POV

It's such a weird feeling going from two arms to one. I mean I know it's not permanent and all but I'm used to being almost completely independent.  And now I can't even get fully dressed by myself. It sucks. Each morning I wake up super early in my bed so I can wake up Lily and have her help me get undressed so I can shower. Then she has to help me get dressed after and do my hair, which isn't hard, because I usually ask her to braid it or just leave it down.  After that I cross through the wall to get Remus so he can help me pack my school supplies in my bag since Lily needs to get ready too.

But as annoying that is to Lily and I, it isn't the worse part of my injury. Since I got hurt so badly, no one is letting me leave their side, and if they do they make sure I don't leave their line of sight. It's honestly getting ridiculous. I'm not a child and I most certainly don't need to be babysat by a bunch of immature morons, aka the Marauders.

After almost week of being treated this way I finally explode on the boys.

"ENOUGH!!" I yell as soon as we get into an empty hallway after dinner Friday night.

Instantly all the boys stop walking and joking around and turn to look at me.

"I am sick and tired of you all acting like I am a child just because I'm hurt. You are pissing me off to the extreme. I know I need help doing some things and I appreciate your help but I need some space. It feels like I'm constantly surrounded by you all breathing down my neck," I burst out, waving my good arm around.

The boys all look down at the ground. I can tell they didn't mean to make me feel like this.

"I'm sorry," I say dropping the level of my voice, "I didn't mean to explode on you all. You are all trying to help and I'm being really rude about it."

Remus walks over and gently places his arm on my good shoulder. "We know what you mean Mack and we should've realized what we were doing."

James looks at me funnily. "You just want to be able to be helpful, don't you? You feel frustrated that you need help because you are used to helping others."

I look over at him. "Exactly."

James smiles, "I know the perfect thing to help you. Come to the Quidditch practice tonight." 

Remus and I start to open our mouths to question him when he cuts us off. 

"I know what I said before about not coming but trust me, I have a good idea."

I nod before walking up to the Common Room with the boys trailing behind me. I walk up the stairs to my dorm and sit down on my bed. I reach over and grab my Moony wolf and play with it for a little bit. All the girls are still at dinner so I don't have to worry about them thinking I've lost my mind. I lie down and hold Moony to my chest.

"Why did this have to happen to me Moony?" I whisper looking at my wolf. "Why me?"

I hear footsteps enter the room and turn my head to the side to see Remus standing there.

"Are you talking to me?" he asks softly, padding his way over the carpet to my bed.

"No, I was talking to my wolf," I say showing it to him. "Why would you think I was talking to you?"

"My nickname is Moony," he says sitting on the foot of my bed.

I sit up, "You are Moony on the Marauder's map?"