Chapter 57

Mack's POV

There I am, lounging across Remus' bed when the most avoided topic is brought up, lycanthropy.

"So Mack, you will be joining us tonight for our midnight adventure, right?" Sirius shouts bouncing into the dormitory full of glee.

"Of course!" I exclaim, "I can never sit still on a full moon anyways."

Remus glares at me but James and Sirius pointedly ignore him.

"We leave the dormitories at 9 o'clock sharp..." James starts.

"...But we normally go down under the invisibility cloak..." Sirius continues.

"...We don't think four of us will fit but since you are an Animagus..."

"...We thought you would be okay with slinking down there yourself in one of your forms."

This continues on and on for a good 10 minutes with James and Sirius fully describing each and every part of their full moon rendezvous. They bounce back and forth off each other like twins do, perfectly completing each other's thoughts. I rest my chin on my hand and start playing with my wand while I wait for them to finish. I produce subtle red sparks out of my wand and immediately Peter moves next to me and copies me. Soon enough we start giggling at our mini firework show and finally James and Sirius shut up.

Remus walks over and holds up his hands. "Mackenzie will not be joining us."

"WHAT?"

"We have finals coming up, she needs to study for them," Remus says simply, staring at the other boys, challenging them to argue.

I stand up and walk over to Remus until we are standing toe to toe. "It is April 11th Remus John Lupin. Finals are not until the week of May 29th. I have plenty time to study."

"Says the girl who has spent every waking second in the library reading." He crosses his arms and glares down at me. "I won't let you do this."

I groan and roll my eyes. "You don't own me Remus. I can do whatever I please."

I spin on my heel and storm straight through the wall separating our dormitories. Lily, Alice, and Marlene all look up at my entrance. From the looks of it they were all painting their nails and gossiping.

"May I join you?" I ask softly, trying to release my anger in a calm fashion.

Lily nods and pats the spot on the ground next to her. I lay down and grab the closest nail polish bottle, blood red. I wrench open the bottle and start applying the color as fast as possible, not caring how messy they look.

Marlene starts laughing and I turn to look at her but not until after I catch the warning glance Lily had shot her. "What Marlene?"

"Your hair matches your nails," she chuckles before going back to her nails.

I tilt my head so my hair falls in front of my face and groan when I see that instead of my anger dissipating it decided to go to my head. I close my eyes in concentration as I force my hair to shorten. I hear the girls gasp as my hair turns into a short pixie with pitch black coloring. As my hair finishes I change my face, causing it to become much more structured with harsh cheekbones and deep-set eyes. I focus on my eyes next before opening them dramatically to shock the girls. My face has grown pale with dark lips forcing my bright red eyes to have an eerie look.

"How do I look now Marlene?" I say with a new sultry voice, smirking.

"Hella hot," she grins before winking.