Chapter 74

Mack's POV

"Are you okay love?" Remus asks as I approach the sofa, late Sunday afternoon. "You look extremely pale."

I look at his face and shudder, feeling a burning sensation across my back. "Of course."

He sits up and leans forward. "You're lying."

"I'm not lying, why would you think that?" I say, crossing my arms across my chest.

"You are lying every time you say of course." He stares me down. "I'm your boyfriend Mackenzie, I know you better than to believe you."

I sigh, "You know how I have been going to the Pensieve in my father's office."

He nods slowly, "Yes."

"I just relived the memory of meeting you for the first time. I'm a little shaken."

His mouth drops open and he pulls me into his arms. "I'm so sorry," he mutters into my hair, guessing where my ear is beneath the piles of curls today.

"It's okay, I know you didn't mean it."

He shakes his head before taking in a deep breath. "Just because you know I didn't mean to hurt you doesn't make it better that I did."

I push him away from me and grab the sides of his face. "Relax Remus, I'm all healed. Anyways I needed to see that clearly. I also watched from Mum and my father's point of view as well."

His mouth drops open, "Why would you watch what they saw?"

I lean forward and press my forehead against his. "So I could see what you did after when your wolf realized who I was."

He shakes his head, clearly about to argue again.

"Shush," I say quietly before leaning forward and pressing a kiss on his lips. "I love you."

He chuckles, "And I'm lucky that you do. I love you too."

He leans back and I settle more comfortably in the chair. He lifts up his book so I can toss my legs across his lap before placing the book down onto my knees. It's a good system.

"How is your investigation going?"

I shake my head. "I thought you were going to continue reading Remus."

"I was but you never did tell me what you are investigating in the Pensieve."

I sigh, "My childhood. I know you remember that comment Mrs. Potter made. Honestly I'm shocked none of you have mentioned it. And since I don't actively remember, I figured looking into my memories specifically might work better."

He laughs, "My girlfriend is trying to remember growing up at the Potter household. Oh dear lord. This is going to turn out terrible."

I smack his shoulder as he draws Sirius' attention over to us as he walks down from the dormitories.

"Oi lovebirds, what are you saying about the Potter household?" He storms over, looking all defensive that Remus said Potter and terrible in the same sentence.

"Relax Siri," I grin, "We were about to discuss how I was babysat by Mrs. Potter."

"Oh," he sits down onto the arm of the chair. "Well let's hear it."

I open my mouth to speak when wouldn't you know, the man of the hour walks into the room.

"James," I state clearly, when I see him walking into the Common Room. He turns his attention to me and walks over. "I would like to speak with you," I look around the room at the faces looking at us, including Remus and Sirius. "Privately."

He looks at the two sitting with me curiously as he nods. He then reaches out and pulls me to my feet. "We can talk in the Heads Common Room. Are those two allowed?"

I nod as he leads the way out of the Common Room and towards his room.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asks once we enter a deserted hallway.

"Our childhood."

His walk stutters for a moment before returning back to normal. "And?"

I shrug, "I've been going to see my father every night-"

"I know."

I turn and glare up at him.

His eyes widen, "Sorry you weren't finished talking. Merlin's beard."

Just as I'm about to question him, a portrait swings open revealing the Heads Common Room. We step inside and the door swings shut behind us. "Merlin's beard?" I pause, tossing my bag onto their couch. "You made the password Merlin's beard!"

James nods before dropping into an armchair by their fireplace. "Of course, pipsqueak, it's easy to remember and no one in their right mind would guess that Lily Evans would allow our password to be Merlin's beard."

My mouth drops open for a moment before I shut it. "Good point."

Remus and Sirius smirk before dropping onto the couch simultaneously.

I cross my arms and look at my boyfriend, "Gonna make room for me on that couch?"

He smirks, "Sorry hun but you're storytelling so you get the armchair."

I roll my eyes and walk over to the armchair that Remus already moved my bag to. "Well it's not like I'm going to need the chair anyways." I mutter reaching my arm deep into my bag.

I feel around until my hand finds a cool smooth surface. "Here it is," I grin pulling out my mother's smaller pensieve from my bag.

I turn around and see the boys with their mouth's wide open.

"Is that a pensieve?" James mutters, "Did you take it from Dumbledore?"

"Of course not," I grin shaking my head. "It's from Mum's office back at home."

I place it on the table and pull a vial out of my pocket. "Ready?"

Remus reaches out and places a hand on top of mine. "Mackenzie, did you put an extension charm on your bag?"

My eyebrows raise, "Yes."

"That's illegal."

I shrug, "And you all are illegal animagi, I'll doubt you'll tell anyone that my leather purse has an illegal extension charm on it."

Sirius sighs, "Remus stop worrying about your girlfriend's illegal activities. I want to see little James and Mackenzie."

I pour the bottle into the pensieve and grab their hands. "Here we go."