Chapter 15

Mack's POV

I follow James down the hall but instead of going up the stairs we go down. "James, where are we going?"

"The kitchens, of course! We need food to have this conversation."

We walk up to the fruit portrait and James steps to the side. "You can do the honors," James says kindly. "I believe you know how to get into the kitchens."

"Of course I know how toget into the kitchens. It is one of thefirst places Professor Dumbledore brought me when I first came here. I reach over and I tickle the pear. Theportrait swings aside and instantly we are surrounded by an aroma of sugar andspices and the sound of bustling house elves.  We walk inside and instantly some house elves come over.

"How can I help you Miss Mackenzie?" one asks.

I think for a moment but then I decide to order some of my comfort foods because Remus is a lot like me and James will eat anything.  "I was wondering if we could have some hot chocolate, chocolate frogs, sugar quills, ice cream, and cake, if that is possible," I say politely.

"Of course Miss, are you going to eat down here?"

"No we are not, so could we have it to go please? We are having a special meeting."

"Anything for Miss Mackenzie."

After we get our food, James and I head upstairs to find Remus. We come around the corner heading towards the hospital wing when we run into him. Literally. I run straight into Remus' chest and land flat on my back.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Remus asks moving towards me with his hazel eyes opened really wide. He yanks me off the ground and taps all over my head to see if I bumped it.

"You have a really hard chest," I say shocked.

"It's from all the workouts we do at Quidditch," James explains.

I nod at James and hope he doesn't mind that I don't reply. I'm more worried about Marlene.  "Is Marlene okay?" I ask Remus quietly. I hope the spell didn't hurt her too badly.

"She will be fine. The spell seemed to make her convulse like the Cruciatus curse would but she wasn't hit with that so she doesn't have to go to St. Mungos."

"That's good," James says nodding. He was probably hoping he wouldn't have to find a new beater. "Now where should we go to talk?"

 "I know a place," I say with a wicked grin. I turn away from the boys and sprint up the stairs until I'm on the Seventh Floor. I look over my shoulder to check to make sure the boys are behind me before running over to the blank wall.

I need a place to talk in private where only us can get in. I need a place to talk in private where only us can get in. I need a place to talk in private where only us can get in.

Then the door shows up and two gasps echo behind me. It's like the door shows up out of nowhere but I know it doesn't. The doors are beautiful, big and wooden, and decorated so well.

"What is this place?" James asks.

"It's the Room of Requirement," I say with a grin. "My absolute favorite place in the whole castle. I think one of the founders made it but I'm not sure. Mum doesn't even know about it."

"Wow," Remus says. "I read about this in a book but I thought it was just made up."

"C'mon in," I say as I throw open the doors. Every time I come in it shocks me. The ceiling is super high and is enchanted to look like the sky.  There are huge, puffy couches, a large coffee table, and a roaring fire. I pull out my wand and send the food out around the table.