NEW Chapter 3

Remus' POV

         "Our rooms are connected then," Mack whispers out loud right before she walks up the stairs.

         "Wait what?" Sirius says loudly once she disappears from view.

         "She says our rooms are connected," I repeat.

         "But how?" James says.

         I sigh, "She knows much more about Hogwarts than any of us combined." James and Sirius immediately give me a look. "Don't give me that look, I can't tell you why. I only know because I guessed."

         "Moony," James says sternly, folding his arms across his chest. "We don't keep secrets from each other, you know that."

         "I'm not sure if I should tell you.  I mean she did say that she thought she should tell us because she is Marauder.  Well, not quite, she needs to be initiated first.  But I guess I can tell you as long as you don't make it a big deal when you make up," I determine out loud.  "Remember this is a secret, you can't tell anyone."

"Just tell us already mate!" Peter yells at me.

         "She is Minnie's daughter," I say quietly so no one can overhear us.  Apparently, I didn't have to worry about them saying anything because they were speechless.

         "How did you all not realize that she was her daughter?  First of all, Minnie took an extra-long time talking to Mack before Mack came to the table.  Second, Minnie watched us the whole time to make sure we were treating Mack good.  And last but not least, they look practically identical except Mack has gorgeous blue eyes," I finish. I lean back against the couch. She is so pretty with chocolate brown hair that brushes against her shoulders.

"Ahem," coughs James.

         I look up suddenly, "What?"

         "Looky here Prongs, I think that our Moony fancies something other than his books," Sirius teases.

         "I do not fancy Mack!" I exclaim.

         "Oh yes you do. You are looking at her like she is perfect and acting like she is precious and fragile.  Also, you have already given her a special nickname," James points out.

         "I just met her.  I do not fancy her.  I mean, yes she is beautiful but i need to get to know her before I could say I fancy her," I tell them.

         "So, you do fancy her then," Peter concludes.

         "No because we both know it isn't going to happen.  I'm a monster," I whisper.  "And that's final."

         "Okay Moony," Sirius teases.

         James notices my look and jumps up and runs out of the room with Peter right behind him.  Sirius gives me looks at me funnily.  It's like he wants to ask me something.  Whatever it was mustn't have been important because instead he turns for the stairs. "Are you coming?" he asks as I follow them up to our dorm on the fifth floor of the tower.  We have a plaque on our door that has "The Marauders" and all of our names written on it. 

"Soon we will have to add Mackenzie's name to that plaque," James says suddenly as if he's reading my thoughts.  He flops down onto his bed and soon the rest of us are copying him, so we are all laying on our stomachs in a circle looking at each other.

         "So, what are these plans we need to talk about?" I say slowly. The boys don't say anything so I continue, "I know there is something you guys are thinking otherwise we wouldn't have come up here yet."