Chapter 72

Lily's POV

It's Monday morning and somehow, I got stuck between dumb and dumber at breakfast. And not just any Monday; Quidditch tryouts are tonight.

I drop my head and groan. "IF YOU TWO DON'T SHUT UP ABOUT QUIDDITCH I'M GOING TO LOSE MY MIND." I slam my hands onto the table and look at Sirius then James. And don't you feel bad for them, they decided the Head Dormitory would be the best place to discuss strategy since only James and I know the password. They've been there every night since that chess game. It's been a month.

Remus sighs and nods towards the door. Mackenzie is spending this morning helping her mum tutoring first years. Apparently, they are having a rough time this year.

I stand up and march down the aisle in between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff while Remus rushes down the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw aisle to meet me at the door.

We turn right and walk down the stairs towards the dungeons. "Be my lab partner?" I grumble quietly. I see him look at me out of the corner of my eye. "Please?"

He nods.

The silence is peaceful until we reach the potions room. Somehow, we weren't the first ones there, even though we left breakfast halfway through. Severus stupid Snape is sitting at the table in front of Mackenzie and I's normal table. If James was here, he would say something about grease marks running across his potions textbook.

I drop my books on the table loudly causing him to jump. I sit on the stool while Remus copies me, much quieter.

Remus sighs.

I look over at him already knowing what he is going to say.

"Have you talked to Petunia?"

Out of the corner of my eye I see Snape shift. "Of course not. What would I say? Please listen to mum, you have to invite your only sister to your wedding." I scoff. "She can do whatever she pleases like she always has."

"Lil-"

"Don't Lily me. She's been like this ever since she wrote Dumbledore." I roll my eyes. "I wouldn't be surprised if she had some magic running through her veins and Dumbledore just didn't accept her to ruin my life."

Remus sighs, "This is Dumbledore we are talking about. He would never intentionally hurt someone."

I narrow my eyes. "Just because he passed mercy onto you and Hagrid doesn't mean he does that for everyone."

"Lily!"

I roll my eyes and look at Severus' seat which is now empty, making Remus and I the only ones in the classroom. "Don't be silly Remus. Severus already knows and has sworn secrecy. Didn't the boys tell you about the issue they caused last May?"

His eyes widen. "What issue?"

I lean back and frown. "As revenge for the spell that hit me, Sirius tricked him into going to the entrance of the Whooping Willow."

Remus' jaw drops. "He what?"

I hold my hand up. "James got Severus away in time and Sirius was severely punished by Dumbledore. Remember those detentions for 'spilling a potion in the astronomy tower'."

Remus groans. "Oh Merlin. How has he not told anyone?"

"Apparently an unbreakable curse, he's unable to tell even if he wanted to."

Remus looks at me surprised. "Who told you that?"

"Mack. He made it with Dumbledore."

I shrug and turn away from Remus who's more pissed than ever. I quickly pull out a piece of parchment and write a quick note before igniting it.