Chapter 50

Sirius' POV

          Peter, James, and I shuffle down the halls as we head back towards the Gryffindor common room. Ever since we were ushered out of Professor Dumbledore's office Lily has been brewing with anger towards us. It won't take long before she explodes on us.

          "So where do you think Remus is?" Peter asks very quietly.

          James and I shrug, "Honestly, I hope he found Mack but I have no idea."

          We walk around the corner and instantly a wand is pointed at James' forehead. He takes two steps backwards and looks down at Lily's angry face.

          "Uh, hello Lilyflower, how are you this fine evening?" James says quickly, hoping to dissipate her anger.

          "Don't you dare Lilyflower me Potter," She sneers. "I want to know everything you three are hiding from the rest of us and I swear if you even think about lying to me I will hex you into the oblivion."

          "Peter do you understand what she's saying? She's using big words," I tease leaning behind James to look at Peter.

          Immediately, Lily's wand swivels in front of my face. "Don't you even think about goofing off now Black. You are in more trouble than you can believe."

          "Oh yeah Evans, and what are you going to do about me?"

          "10 points from Gryffindor for your disrespect to a prefect."

          "You can't do that!" I shout.

          Lily crosses her arms. "Yes I can, I'm a prefect. And your dear friend Remus isn't here to protect you numskulls."

          James opens his mouth to protest but quickly shuts it when her glare turns to him. He pauses for a moment and thinks. "Lily, it is not our right to tell you what is going on. If anything all four of us need to be together to tell you. Also we haven't told Mackenzie yet and if she finds out we told you before we told her, she would honestly murder us."

          Lily sighs, "Fine Potter. I expect to know the second she gets back to school." She turns and walks away towards the library. "Oh and Professor Dumbledore found Remus. He will be returning to Hogwarts on Sunday, along with Mackenzie."

          All our jaws flop open as she drops this bomb of information on us. "HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT EVANS?" I shout as she disappears from sight. "And she's gone. What is up with girls disappearing right when you want to talk to them?" I grumble as we finish our walk to the common room.

          "Chudley cannons," Peter says approaching the portrait hole.

          The fat lady turns and looks at us. "Oh it's you boys."
           "Don't be silly beautiful," I wink. "We know you secretly love us."

          She shakes her head as the portrait hole swings open, "Just enter already."

          I take two steps inside before my name is screamed out of someone's mouth.

          "BLACK!"

          I look up and see Marlene standing on the balcony right above the staircases that head to the dormitories.

          "WHAT DO YOU WANT MCKINNON?" I yell back.

          She disappears from sight  and reemerges storming down the staircase heading straight towards me.

          "Would you care to explain why I found my underwear sitting inside your boxers on my bed?"

I look at her utterly confused. "How did you get my boxers? And how do you know they are mine?"

She pulls them out from behind her back and drops my dark scarlet boxers into my hands. "I don't know how I got them! And they're yours because the tag is labeled on the inside saying Property of Sirius Black."

I reach up and scratch my forehead. "Honestly Marls, I have no idea. This is the first time I have come back to the Common Room since I left this morning."

She leans to her side and gives me that look of disbelief.

"Mates, tell her how I've..." I start looking up at James and Peter trying to sneak up the staircase. They look over their shoulders at me smugly which quickly turns to sheepishly once Marlene's glare hits them. "What the Merlin did you do this for?"

"Well you see Padfoot," James begins. "We thought you needed a little help."

"With what?" I demand impatiently.

"To speak to Marlene," Peter squeaks.

Marlene looks over at me before looking up at them. "What on Earth happened to you two? We talk all the time."

"Sirius is keeping a secret from you that he needs to tell you," James blurts before dashing up the stairs.

"I have a secret?" I mutter, running a hand through my hair. "I don't know what I'm keeping from you Marls, I tell you a lot."

Marlene looks over at me and laughs, "Yeah I know! I know you a little too well. Do you remember that time..."

Heat rises to my cheeks and I quickly clamp my hand over her mouth, "You don't need to remind me."

She winks and slips away from my hand to sit on the couch. "Come sit Siri, we can do homework."

I drop down into the seat next to her and grab her hand. "I know something else I'd want to do with you," I tease, lifting her hand up to my lips.

Her other hand whips around and smacks me on the side of the head. "Down dog!"

I lean away from her and look at her scared. Does she know about us?

Marlene looks at me puzzled through her light brown eyes. "Sirius are you okay? I'm just teasing how you should stop thinking with your other head?"

I shake my head and lean back forward. "I'm good with doggy if that's good with you."

Her hand shoots out and hits me again.

"Okay," I say softly look up at her through my lashes. "I deserved that one."

"Damn right you did," Marlene smirks, pulling some parchment out of her book bag.

I lean back on the couch and drape my arms up over the sides. "I'm surprised that after all these years you haven't caved into my fabulous flirting."

"You call that flirting darling?" She asks searching for her quills. "No wonder I haven't fallen for this. If your flirting is this bad, I can't imagine how bad you would be at everything else."

I gasp and place my hand on my heart, "You hurt me Marls, do you really think I would be a bad kisser?"

Marlene looks up at me suddenly. "Honestly?"

"Yes please," I nod.

"I think you would be the worst kisser on the planet. I wouldn't kiss you even if you were the only person on a planet that wasn't a dementor."

I lean forward and put my hand on her pale cheek. "Want to find out for real how good I am?"

"Do you want me to throw up all over you?"
"No."

"Then you might want to not kiss me."

"Are you sick?"
"Yeah, sick of you. You disgust me."

"I doubt that Marls, or you would've gotten up and left by now."

She looks up at me blankly. "I'm only still here because we need to do that Astronomy paper together."

"Right," I nod, my face dropping slightly. "Let's get started."