Submission 1095

Remember when you had to write about your dreams and aspirations for the future . Or you had to write about your feelings . Well I do . I have books filled , boxes full of letters of me talking about my life . I'm grateful for having those . But this isn't something like that . This is a letter to the people who bullied me , to the people who let go of me when I needed them the most and most important of all . This is a letter to myself and everyone that has experienced this or is going through this . Please know that you are NOT alone!

Dear bullies ,

I felt so much hatred towards you for so long but are you really worth it ? Should I really spent the rest of my life wondering what you are doing with your life , how you can live with yourself ? The answer's no . Did you think you were an amazing person when you crushed someone else ? That's my question . I guess I'll never get an answer to that but I don't mind . I guess you found a way to live with the person you are . Physical bullying is that something you liked ? Beating up a girl , did it give you a rush ? Did it make you feel inferior ? I can tell you something . I still have scars , I still remember the first thing you did to me when I was at school . I still feel the pain when I think about it . But I can tell you something , I'm not scared of you anymore . I don't hate myself anymore . I look in the mirror and see a strong person . Thank you , although most people would wish you the same experience but I sincerely hope that neither you nor your children will ever have to go through the same thing as I did . Because I might hate you but I don't want someone to feel like a no one . Hating me for being nice ? Cool really desperate of you . Did you think you were funny ? Because I can give you an answer right now . You weren't , you were a self centered bi*** . You hated me for having more friends than you . For having good grades , for winning contests . I don't really get how you got to me . I don't remember what you said . But what I do know is that you used to pull out my hair make me sit alone at lunch and things like that . I was a chubby short little girl and you took this as an opportunity to make me feel insecure . Although I was only 7 years old , I remember not eating . Saying I didn't feel well and stuff like that . I was super skinny and all because of you . I remember sitting at a doctors office and stuff like that . I guess I let you win by moving but don't think I forgot . I can say to you I hope you never feel insecure about yourself . And last but not least . You bullied me for a reason that was so stupid , it makes me laugh . You bullied me for being better friends with that girl than you .The whole class hated you , but I always made sure you weren't alone at lunch . I always made sure you had someone to talk to and still you bullied me . I knew the reason was stupid but the fact no one believed me was harder than anything else . Your mom was a teacher at the school and of course everyone believed you . Until my mom found out . She didn't make it easy for you back then . I heard you are the one they bully right now . I feel sorry for you . I know people tell me I shouldn't feel sorry but I do . I would never wish for that to happen . I guess it's just me who thinks about it like this . Bullying is something that killed me on the inside but now I can say I am stronger . I don't cry myself to sleep anymore because of every single thing they say about me . Now something I have to say to people who are being bullied and my younger self . Have confidence , bullies feed their power by your insecurities . Be the bravest , strongest , most beautiful person you can be because there is always someone out there that truly cares for you .

Sincerely Me ,

Much love and no matter what you're a beautiful person !