Submission 1120

There was this time where I went to a friend's birthday party.This happened when I was 8 or something.

A few hours in the party,all of the kids wanted play outside.Including me.

We were playing,running around and pretty much what we wanted to do.

Soon enough,we ended up playing tag.Unfortunately I was it.

I started running after people and this one girl goes:

"Ew.She might infect us with how ugly she looks! Let's play another game."

At first,I was cool with it but then other kids agreed on her.

Seriously,I was a kid.I didn't know what to feel.

The first person I touched slapped me and just looked at me as if I was some animal.My brother saw this and insisted that I sit with him instead.

Looking at how things were,I agreed.They continued another game.

This may seem not that much of a big deal but that little incident meant so much to me.It was one of the biggest turning points in my life.

I was offended and became insecure on that exact moment.I started thinking if I was different.Was it me?Was there something wrong with me?Was I really that ugly to the point they wouldn't go near me?"

I think that's how I became depressed.

I started going out less.Just to avoid embarrassing my family of how ugly I looked.I felt like I was a burden.

So I didn't end up with many friends because of my insecurities.

What's worse is that i'm going to a new school.I'm 13 years old now.My mom informed me that the girl from the party was going to be my classmate.

She also informed me that the girl was actually the daughter of her best friend in college.

My mom was happy that maybe we could end up being bffs or something and that I was going to finally come out of my shell.She doesn't know the incident and i wasn't planning on telling her.She doesn't suspect a thing of my depression and I wasn't planning on ruining it.So I just agreed.

Now all i'm waiting for is to meet the girl who started all of this.

And hoping that she has the audacity to end it.