Submission 1179

So before I begin my whole story on how I was bullied, I have to give some background. Also, before I start, I just want to say that my story isn't nearly as bad as some of the other stories and I hope everyone gets through their difficult times. Anyway, I'll begin. 

 So my school is pretty clique based. It's separated into three main parts. The bad popular kids(mostly bad)/basketball and cheerleader people , the good popular kids(mostly good atleast)/soccer people and their friends, and people who have their own groups but I'm not going into because it's not important to my story. 

 Anyway, I hangout with the soccer kids. Yes, I said they were popular so I guess by association it makes me popular aswell. But anyone could get bullied so just hear me out. So I hangout with the soccer kids and there is this constant war between the soccer kids and the basketball/cheerleaders at our school. You just can't be friends with both groups because the amount of drama between the groups is ridiculous. This gets important later on. 

 So in 7th grade I was real good friends with this girl, let's call her girl from now on. Well girl and I had all of our classes together in 7th grade and we were both in the soccer clique. Well we became pretty close and it accidentally slipped that I'm adopted, which I never wanted people to know so I guess it's my fault and I should have been more careful. But girl promised to keep it a secret and I trusted her. The rest if the year went fine. 

 Well flash forward to the next school year, 8th grade, there is this big drama between the 2 cliques and girl is the reason behind it. She went to the other "side" and started rumors about a bunch of the girls from the soccer clique and even a few guys. I was lucky and this didn't happen to me, yet. 

Flash forward 2 or 3 months into school and I stayed after school to help my science teacher with sonething. Well she asked me if I could run to the CVS around the corner to get her something to drink. I said yes and she gave me some money to buy her something aswell as myself. So I leave the school out the side and there are basketball courts there. So who happens to be there, girl and her basketball and cheerleader friends. I walk, ignoring them until a ball rolls by my foot. I pick it up, turn around and toss it to them. Well the guy who was acting like he was going to catch it moved out the way and it hit another guy, easily six inches taller than me, in the back. I tell him the other guy moved but he wasn't having it. While I'm in the middle of explaining, girl yells out "shut up you stupid adopted f--k." (Excuse the language please.) I told her she wasn't supposed to say anything and just walked away. When I return they are gone but I knew everyone would know by tomorrow. 

 Everyone did know. I couldn't walk a corner without hearing something like"your parents didn't want you," or "I bet your parent's now still dont want you," which are some pretty crappy things to tell a 13 year old. My friends just asked me if it was real and never mentioned it again. They were pretty avid on the fact that if they were with me and someone said something to me about the situation, they would glare or threaten them, which I guess is no better than the people who spread the secret. 

 It never really blew over and well pre season soccer practices over lapped with some of the last basketball practices. Basketball practiced inside but soccer, obviously practiced outside. So we shouldn't cross paths, however, the locker room. 

 Soccer lockers and basketball lockers are on opposite sides of the room and that room is large considering that our school goes from 6th to 12th grade. I went into the locker room sometimes despite not actually being on the team. I was honestly waterboy/person who helps plan out plays/person who argued with the referee or other coaches on why they suck at their job. But I went in one day and as we went outside, most of the basketball kids were waiting their despite them having to leave out a separate door. Long story short, there was this pretty big fight in which no one actually got suspended because they just couldn't suspend around 30 kids. The reason I mention this incident, is because one, stuff like this never really happened until girl spread rumors/told everyone my secret and two, girl never apologised until that whole incident. 

 She said she was sorry, and I forgave her but people still say some of the things I mentioned earlier. And it never really makes you feel good when you get told that your parent's don't love you.

ADVICE: Tell an adult. Some of my friends suggested we go to the counselor however, I didn't want to. The teachers did find out after the fight. Honestly, things might have blown over or stopped earlier had I told someone. Also, don't let rumors kill you. If you know what's true, then don't worry about it. Your social life isn't the most important thing in the world.