Submission 1128

My bullying story began in third grade. I was always a smarter kid, honours. I had gotten 90's plus on my report cards, and that became the subject of my bullying. I had a friend once, she and I were inseparable. We would do everything together until she had someone else to turn to. She was a bad influence and she had hated me. The new girl had turned my best friend against me, and they bullied me for years. It started when they had picked on a boy a little younger than them, a few months. He had a learning disorders. I was disgusted I had called my old friend a friend at all. She would tease him, kick him, hit him, until I had tried to intervene.

She pushed me to the ground and punched me repeatedly. The boy had gone for help and brought back a teacher. My friend, now bully1 had been suspended and I left with a black eye and bloody nose.

Pretty rough for a eight year old huh? Well that was just the beginning. I hadn't been able to help the young boy. He was still ridiculed daily, but the only change was I too was bullied. I'd get punched, verbally abused and the odd time I'd defend myself, bully1 and her bad influence, bully2 would go crying to a teacher. Five years later, grade eight, I was thirteen. The boy had made it halfway through the year and later committed suicide because of the bullying. That was the day I had broke. I snapped at the bullies and went crazy. That was the day my depression had hit me the hardest. I had developed anxiety and panic attacks. I would go home and cry, releasing all the pain I had felt. Physical, and emotional. All night the words "loser, bitch, lowlife, you don't deserve to live, skank" would play through my head. My grades had dropped majorly. They are now in the low seventys, sixties.

By ninth grade I had given up. I grabbed the bleach from the cleaning supplies and drank it. I had hoped that would be the last time I had seen light, but was later rushed to the hospital. That was then my family had found out about the abuse, bullying, cutting. My depression had gotten worse, I had no motivation to live.

I tried again. To no avail, I lived. The large cut I had made to bleed out was stitched and bandaged.

I went to school and the bullied multiplied. The two originals, and now other girls and guys had begun picking on me. Students can be ruthless.

It was by halfway through tenth grade that the bullying stopped. I have been seeing a psychiatrist for a long time now and my anxiety and depression have gone down, but is still there.

To this day I'm still bullied by one I called a friend. But it's looking better. I have two really good friends and a family that loves me, and I can't believe I had almost tried getting rid of that. I love them to bits and I would miss them so.

I hope all of you reading this knows that things do get better. They can't bully your forever and please don't try to end your like like I had tried. My grade have picked back up and I know, if I can do this, so can you guys.

I know that people will always be there to judge. People are rude, cruel humans. But you can either fall to it, or fight your way through. Please remember this. Life isn't so bad when you look for the brightness in the dark.