Submission 1196

I have been verbally and physically bullied. I was about 9-10 when it started. I was bullied by my ex-boyfriend. I broke it off after a year because I didn't really like him anymore and always wanted something from me. After I broke it off, he started to tease me and call me names and then he started to physically abuse me. He didn't exactly hit me but he would do things that would involve me getting hurt in some way. The teacher would see it and she wouldn't even say anything. I didn't know why he was doing these things and was really confused. It has made me wary of dating anyone else I'm fear of what would happen if I broke it off. I got kinda depressed after that because I thought that he did those things because of something I did and that nobody would like me. I never cut or contemplated suicide because my family and friends would be devastated and I couldn't of that to them. He finally moved away and I haven't seen him since. Now I have a really kind and loving boyfriend who would never dream of hurting me and is super sweet. I still have that voice in the back of my head saying things like " he doesn't really like you," and " everyone hates you, you are a burden to everyone around you" and that also goes alongside with my really bad anxiety but my friends and boyfriend are really helping me. 

ADVICE: Some advice that I would like to give is to not let them see that it effects you. If they see that you get mad or sad, that just wants them to keep going. But if they see that their teasing or whatever they're doing doesn't affect you then they might stop. it's not for certain but it's a chance to make it stop. Remember, strength in numbers. Your friends are there to help you and if you don't think you have any friends, you do. There are people around you that might be going through the exact same thing or something similar. Just try and remember in the really hard times that you are never alone. No matter how much you feel like you are you are never alone.