Submission 1187

Hey everyone. 

 There are times where you face a lot of sufferings and pain. You fight back with all that you have, you stay strong and then slowly, the issue is solved. But, have you ever heard of the line "Silence before the storm"? That is exactly what happened to me. 

 I had previously sent my bullied form in the Bullied 1 book during my sophomore year. I received various responses and I made new friends over wattpad. My life was going smoothly, with no bullying, and I was happy. This happiness increased when I fell in love with a person from my school. He was everything a girl can ask for: he was sweet, kind, caring, handsome and he had a really good personality. I looked at him as a friend, but things changed when he asked me out. I realised, at that instant, that I fell in love with him. But, I was quite vary of going into a relationship: what if it causes me pain all over again. I didn't want to suffer again. So I told him to wait for me. And he said yes. 

 My junior year started, and things were going strong for the both of us. My best friend started drifting away from me, because she took Commerce stream while I took Science stream. She changed her subjects, and I stayed in the Science class. But I was overjoyed when I saw him sit in my class. "I'm your classmate now." He said. It had been 3 months since we met, and another 3 months passed by. I realised that I was falling in love with him, and that I couldn't wait any longer for us to be together. So I went to him and said yes. He cried with joy and gave me a huge hug. 

 We started dating, and we were totally happy. We even kept nicknames. I called him bear and he called me beautiful. Now, here comes the strong breeze. His friends didn't like the idea of us dating, especially the girls in his group. They detested me. They were (still) along with my bullies. They started to spread rumors. And my boyfriend kept quiet the entire time. Everytime I go with him to meet his friends, they ridicule me and my boyfriend would laugh along with them. In private, when I ask him why, he brushes it off, saying that it was for fun. This went on for like a month. And it hurt me, yet I loved him. Little did I know that it would change very soon. 

 My dad found out about us dating. He didn't like it at all. My dad said many things against him, but I supported my boyfriend and my dad got really angry. He hit me on my arm so that I could keep quiet. He took me to my supervisor and complained. I was a mess at that time. My long hair was ruined because I kept pulling it, my face was flush with tears and I had cold. My supervisor told my dad to stay out of her room for a moment, and she told me to sit down across her. "Honey, what's the matter?" I cried all my feelings out and told her everything. She nodded her head and kept squeezing my hand for reassurance. When I finished, she told her assistant to call my boyfriend. 

 After 5 minutes, he came. He looked really handsome, even though his face was a scowl. I smiled at him. He didn't even bother looking at my face. My supervisor asked him, "*His name*, *my name* said that you two are romantically involved with each other. Is it true?" He replied in a monotonous tone, "I don't know her that well to love her. I just met her." "Do you love her?" "No. I deserve better." My supervisor frowned at him. "You may go." And he walked away from me, without even saying goodbye. I was beyond broken. I was beyond shattered. For the first time in my life, I thought that the bullying I faced was much better than this. "Honey, boys will be boys. They will appear nice, but deep down, they may not be. Trust your parents. Focus on your school life. Be carefree." I could just keep my head down in shame and nod at her. "Go home, take some rest, come back tomorrow to school. Take your time to recover. And I want to see your face with a bright smile in future. Okay?" I nodded at her before she went and called my dad to take me home. As soon as I reached home, I cried and cried on my bed, till I fell asleep. 

 I betrayed my parents, he betrayed me. In the end, my family and I are hurt beyond despair. I felt used. I wasted my time. I felt like a fool. They say love is blind, but I didn't know that love is cruel. Love is a big fat b*tch. My grades slowly started deteriorating. I was taking time to recover. Seeing him everyday in my class didn't help either. Then the bullying came again, but this time, my ex boyfriend spread the rumors. "She's so desperate, she wants a boy." "Ugh, what a sl*t." "She's not even that pretty." "I think she is acting like a lost child." "She can't take what's mine." Everyday was a mess. I didn't have any friends, I didn't have anybody. 

 Prom was soon approaching, and I felt a huge pang on my chest when I see other girls get their promposals from their boyfriends/friends. And when I heard one news, I couldn't be more dead. My ex boyfriend is going out with my bestfriend for prom. I cried and cried. I felt like killing myself, I felt useless. The day of prom came. I didn't go for prom. My brother came to visit me from abroad. He applied for leave from his new office and came for a month to spend time with me. My parents and my brother encouraged me to join music classes. They encouraged me to study. They made me slowly happy. They gave me a new purpose in life. 

 Now, whenever I see my ex boyfriend, I'm glad that I'm not dating him; if I were, I wouldn't know how much of a jerk he is. Now that my senior year is coming to an end, I couldn't be more happier. I could finally get away from my school (hell) and away from the poisonous people. If they can't treat me right, let them go to hell and ruin their freaking life. Whenever I see my bullies (including my ex boyfriend) I flip them the bird and walk with my head high. Because you have to stay strong for yourself. 

Your bullies are not worth your precious time and tears. You all are beautiful, in and out. You don't need a guy to tell you that. 

 Peace.