Submission 1152

What type of bullying did you experience (cyberbullying, teasing, name calling, physical altercations, etc.)?

Well I have experienced cyber bullying, teasing, name calling and a little physical too.

How old were you when the bullying started? 

I'm not quite sure but it started at about probably 7 or 8

Who bullied you (please be vague by using terms such as old friend, classmate, neighbor, etc.)? 

Classmates and what I would call fake friends

What would the bullies say or do to you? 

They would push me into shelves at school, make fun of the way I look and act, start rumours about me, kick me in my heels when I tried to cross the road to go home, make fun of my username and what I post on social media, point out how bad I am in pe and laugh about it and lots more.

How did you feel while you were being bullied? 

Like nobody cared about me and I'm worthless 

 How did you feel after being bullied? 

I was scared it would start up again, a bit hopeful and just lonely really.

Did anything help you cope with that feeling? 

Crying actually did, I went to clubs at lunch time to build up little confidence and to keep myself away from the bullies.

Have you ever self-harmed and/or fallen into a state of depression as a result of being bullied? 

Yes I have self harmed once and I feel like I have depression but I don't want to upset my parents by seeing the doctor to see if I do have it.

Have you ever contemplated suicide as a result of being bullied? 

Yes but I don't have the guts thankfully

Have you told anyone you know that you were bullied? Why/why not? 

I have told my teacher who has been really supportive and helpful as she was the only one I felt like I could trust. And I did tell one of my friends who stood up for me as a person and stayed by my side.

How long were you bullied for? 

About 7 years

Are you still bullied? 

A little but not as much as it used to be but I'm worried it might get worse when school starts again.

QUESTION: How do I cope with the worry the bullying might get worse again?

ADVICE: Don't be afraid to stand up for your friends and classmates if you see them get bullied.

And don't be afraid to cry it all out, it will most likely make your life feel a bit better.