Submission 1161

This is my story about how one girl damaged my best friend, and hurt me in the process.

I go to this middle school/high school school (grade levels 6-12). I'm currently starting my Freshman year now; however, this story came to be in the summer before the 7th grade.

My school hosts these summer camps for each grade level, fitting what grade level we are for the camps. This was the first time I had meet the bully. I'm not going into full details about my whole experience of the camp, but I will tell you her actions. The bullies actions were just of the "teasing" kind. Making rude comments about things, playing small pranks on people, her way or the highway deals, etc. (On the bus ride to the camp, she gave me a wet willie when I was trying to rest and bring down my motion sickness.)

When the camp ended, I had the thought of hope that I wouldn't have to deal with her the upcoming school year.

How Karma struck me then.

To my shock and horror when the 7th grade year first started, my Best Friend had somehow became friends with the bully. No matter, I endeared it for my best friend. Going through whatever the bully did just to make my best friend happy. I was fine with it. Until, further along in the school year, it wasn't.

She then started to physically hurt and emotionally hurt my best friend. At times during lunch, one of the teachers in charge of supervising the students had too, multiple times, to tell the bully to stop and keep her hands to herself. There were many times me and her would argue about things she was doing to my friend and I sometimes had to intervene to get the bully to stop hitting my friend.

The bully was also almost the reason I almost lost my best friend. I once read a letter about how my friend stated that I and the bully kept abusing them physically, and it almost cost our friendship. However, it soon got better. The hitting and emotional abuse didn't really end, but the support for both me and my friend got stronger.

Fast forward into the summer. Went to a different camp for the summer, dealt with more of the bullies abuse; and it wasn't until when I snagged my friend for a night that they told me the bully weren't friends, that it came to the expense of my friends love of a show and emotional and mental stability.

You see, my friend got this great love (soon did I) of a show. (Unashamedly, I admit me and my friends do write fan works, but we do write our own fictional stories.) The bully then got interested in the show and got invested into it about the same level as my friend. The bully would often would argue over opinions and facts about the show, when my friend would actually give historical facts to back them up. Not only that, but apparently the bully had a crush on my friend, when my friend had no romantic attraction to her. So what basically happened, the bully told my friend via text that she'd loved them, but my friend gently let them down. The back lash was horrible. To cut it short, my friend cut all ties to the bully and couldn't even watch the show- much less see any references to the show without having a mental breakdown.

Fast forward to 8th grade. The bully was unknown to us, even though she'd still went to the same school with us. There were times in the beginning that she would ask me how my friend was doing, and I wouldn't respond. It got better over time for me and my friend. Soon, my friend was able to slowly watch the show again and get back into it; which I am still proud of them to this day. I thought I really wouldn't have to deal with the bully anymore for the school year, just have encounters with them that I would deal with them. However, it all soon changed when I first got Wattpad.

I hadn't had it very long when the bully came up to me one day in class and ask if I was this person. Shocked, I reluctantly agreed; and soon I watched everyday as this bully hid behind this mask and pretended to be someone else to my friend- who (I didn't know wasn't aware till later) was unaware of who this person was. The truth about the bully wasn't revealed until I posted a chapter of one of my stories.

This chapter was simply a opinion, really. It basically implied my belief that America creating the Nuclear bombs sparked the Cold War. Nothing really harmless, right? I'm not a person who thinks lowly of other countries, and takes the count ability of how the country/citizens feel about a certain matter. I'm not really a person to state those kind of opinions honestly. I didn't honestly thought I would get hate or be cyber bullied by the bully about a week later I had published it. What happened, the bully full on posted a hate chapter about how I was wrong, and me- freaking out and upset, I gave facts to back up my statement on the comment section- in which she didn't listen and continue to bully me on Wattpad.

In retaliation (Looking back now it wasn't a good idea) I then posted a chapter telling her to back off and it's my opinion and let me be (However, I did use some language (not a lot) but I was honestly upset). Later that night, still emotionally unstable about what is going on, she then send me a message via Wattpad that she took down her chapter, would delete her account; and then told me how I was at wrong and to take down my chapter, etc. I then broke down, had a attack, frantically texted my friend about what had happened and she was there for me in calming me down. (A later conversation after the ordeal, I was informed that bully "accidentally" posted the chapter, when I know for a fact they could've unpublished it in a snap).

After all that, I didn't deal with the bully ever again. Blocked them on my phone and did my best to ignore for the rest of the time they were there at the school.

ADVICE: I know my story had been very lengthy, more so then I would've like; but I want to give advice to the people reading this.

This experience had strengthened my relationship with my friend greatly. So much, that even as new freshmen me and my friend are planning to go to college together and move in with each other.

The moral, however; is to stand up when you know your relationship or a friends relationship isn't right. It is never okay for someone to emotionally hurt someone because they don't agree with something, or physically hurt when they did something wrong in their eyes. It is never alright. As well, tell an adult. I never really had the option because many of my teachers I didn't trust it wouldn't do anything about it. The staff at the school only punish the right and judges people for who they really are.

Don't stand by when you know someone's hurting another nor hurt someone else when you feel like your right. It isn't okay. People have the right to express their opinion and let them believe in certain things. As I look back at these events, I'm now more accepting about it, and willing to tell my story to others.

Don't be silent. Stand up. It is never okay to hurt someone when they are right.