Submission 1156

Hey, let me tell you my story.

I moved to my town in 3rd grade. In 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade, there were just rumors about me. On the last day of 5th grade, I basically became public enemy #1, after I got into a fight with my friend. Her and I reunited in 6th grade, and we're good friends to this day.

Over the summer, I went to a camp. While I was there, I was sexually harassed. I told my mum, she told the camp, he got kicked out. I felt it was dealt with, and for some reason it didn't seem to effect me.

I thought everything was going right. I had good friends, I was enjoying school, I was getting good grades. Then, everything went downhill. I was harassed again, by two guys this time. One of them was in my 6th class twice a week, both of them were in my 7th class every day. The teachers were both quite old, one retired that year, so I'm not sure that they heard what was going on. (If you want more details, read submission 971 in the first book) They made me scared to tell anyone. I felt used, worthless, objectified. I wasn't sure I wanted to live anymore.

After months and months, I finally told my sister. She made me tell my mum, who had me tell the school. The school moved the one from my 6th class, but did nothing about my 7th. I would cry myself to sleep.

Soon after it was "handled", I started getting called names walking down the hall. I was known as a "slut, whore, ho, fag, attention seeker, flirt" ect. I learned to live with that.

Fast forward to 7th grade, it got even worse. My friend who stood up for me moved across the country. He and I still contact each other, but I miss him a lot. The people who said they were my friends suddenly started talking about me behind my back. They called me a liar and wouldn't believe anything I said. It seems like they paint me as a villain. I just got into a one sided fight with one of them, I asked for her honest opinions about me and she said some pretty offensive stuff, mostly about my mental health (I'm diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and PTSD). She suddenly got really scared that I would turn people against her, thus me thinking they see me as a villain. Once, three of them all talked about how I was a "massive flirt" straight to my face. The problem with that is with what happened to me, I can barely trust guys, much less "flirt" with them. I tried explaining this, but they didn't listen and just rolled their eyes. It's really upsetting, but I'm not letting myself talk to them about it, I'm afraid they'll judge me more and call me "overdramatic", which they already have. It's three-four people specifically, I only have 4 real friends. I'm not sure what to do, can anyone give me any advice?