Chapter 10

*First person pov*

     "What the heck is going on outside? Boy, there sure are a lot of earthquakes today!" Yamato said like a robot and sweating a lot... where did he learn how to lie? "Y-You said it!" Aoba stuttered, sweating as well. Naruto groaned. "Too many if you ask me! And... earthquakes... can't actually flip the sky and ground, can they?" Naruto asked, and I mentally face palm. "Oh, you just tossed around so much it felt like it switched!" Yamato answered, rushing a lot. ".........You think?" Naruto said, unsure. "I'm gonna take a look outside!" Naruto announced, standing up. "NO! Y-You're on a top secret S-Rank mission right now, you must complete the task assigned to you!" Yamato said, jumping into action. "I was going to pop out just for a second..." Naruto trailed off, still not convinced. "A shinobi must stick to his mission until the bitter end. And you're the only one who can complete this mission! The only one we could send here! So please... we're all counting on you... please, Naruto!" Yamato said, coming up with a deep argument that isn't even true... he really is passionate about keeping Naruto in here. Naruto stayed silent for a few moments, then coming up with his answer. "Right, I got it! I'll focus on my mission!" Naruto answered, pumped. I just sighed at his lack of perceptiveness and just looked down at my phone sneakily. Yamato and Aoba stood up, heading out. I stood up, shoving my phone in my pocket, then jogging after them. "Hey!" I called, and they turned back. I slow down in front of Yamato, then put a hand on his shoulder. "Yamato, I'm being serious on this one, don't get involved in this fight." I said, making sure Naruto doesn't hear what I'm saying. "Why?" Yamato asked, confused. "I can't tell you much... but if you go out there, you won't be coming back... but you'll still be alive." I said, looking at him in the eyes. He nods. "Okay... I understand. I won't let down my guard for a second... I'm guessing that you mean that I'll get captured?" Yamato asked me. "Yeah." I answered, taking my hand off of Yamato. "I see... I'll make sure." Yamato said, then heading out with Aoba. "Dummy... you shouldn't have gone out there." I mumbled then going back to sit with Naruto and B. I sat down in a secluded place... well, somewhat secluded. There was animals all around me, but I don't really care about them. You know... you could have told Yamato the truth. I did, he knows that he'll be kidnapped. I know that... but you should have told him the result if he did get captured. True, true... Making the Zetsu stronger and more numbers, right? Yeah. Then let it happen if Yamato gets captured... I'll make Zetsu pay for what they've done to Asuma. Acutally... it's good Asuma died. EXCUSE ME!? DID I THINK WHAT I THOUGHT I HEARD!? HOW DARE YOU!! HE WAS MY FRIEND!! Just hear me out... I think we shouldn't have saved Asuma then. Why? Because... that's where Shikamaru's character development happened. But, then again, I think it was better that we kept him alive for this long. After all, in the Great Ninja War 4, they do encounter Asuma once again to defeat him, and that's where Choji's development happened. But now that they are going to see Asuma again after a few months.... they'll get to hear his final words too. I think you may have benefited. I guess that's true... but.... I regret not comforting Shikamaru as much as I can... I was so busy, helping out rebuilding the village and everything... I know, I know you do. You know what... I think you're right. I think it might have been the best that Asuma... Asuma... Died.. You don't have to say anymore, you must regret saying that, yes? Or even say that? Yeah, but I'm still going to slaughter every Zetsu I see. Of course you would, he did eat your friend. And drag his entrails out of his body... the bastard... And left a baby without a father. ...You're just making my hatred for Zetsu worse and worse. ...Is that supposed to be bad? Eh, not really... It's good that I won't even feel bad for Zetsu when he dies... oh god, why do I keep saying stuff like this!? You really should stop. Yeah, you don't have to tell me... I feel horrible. I don't know how many people I've killed in the past... But all I know is that I've... I've lost all sympathy... The first time I killed a person... whoever it was or wherever it was that I don't remember killing... I probably wished I could take it back... the second time whenever that was... I probably wished I didn't have to do it... but now I'm thinking... back with Yugito when we faced Zetsu then... all I'm thinking now is... I  W I S H E D  T H A T  T H E R E  W A S   E N O U G H  T I M- E  T O  K I L L  T H E M.... Cassie, stop. That's not all... I... It gets so fucking easy to kill a person now that I think about it... I... It was so easy to kill Kisame because he was just right there... It was, so fucking easy to take out a kunai to kill him... I didn't even have to think about I was doing... I just... did it... and it happened, and I regret it so much. And.... I regret losing my humanity. Cassie... just stop. Just stop talking about this. Go to sleep, you need it. But.... Shh... go to sleep. Fine Okamia.... But one more thing? I just need to say this... Well, what is it? I love you.... I love you too, but you need to sleep like right now. Okay... Night.