Chapter 24

*First person pov*

I ate 3 or 4 amaterasu flames then leaped off the scorching screeching summon puppy onto a tree next to Naruto. "Huh? His Amaterasu... missed?" Naruto asked, the crow following him. "Whatever happened, it doesn't matter. I ate a few of his flames... so I think I'm good to use Amaterasu Dragon Slayer mode." I said, feeling a power boost in my chakra veins. Itachi turned his head to look at Nagato. They exchanged a few words, but then the summon and Nagato was set ablaze by Amaterasu flames by Itachi. Itachi leaped off of the summon, who was squawking in pain. Nagato fell off, no surprise there. Itachi landed on the tree in front of me. "Whoa! Why're you..." Naruto shouts, shocked. "Calm down, I'm not being controlled anymore. I layered a new genjutsu on top of the enemy jutsu. With this, the Edo Tensei is cancelled. The genjutsu is an order.... to 'Protect The Village of Konoha'." Itachi explained, and Naruto turned to look at the crow that he puked up not too long ago. "I rigged that crow... so that it would show itself, reacting to my Mangekyou Sharingan, just in case..." Itachi continued, and B landed on a tree next to Itachi. "How's that work?" B asked Itachi. "I implanted something into that crow's left eye. The ultimate genjutsu of Uchiha Shisui's Mangekyou Sharingan.... 'Kotoamatsukami'!" Itachi said, and right at that moment the Mangekyou sharingan of the crow reverts back into a regular sharingan. "This genjutsu turned me back to normal... Although it looks like the Mangekyou has faded away." Itachi said, looking at the crow. "... Uchiha Shisui?" Naruto asked. "Uchiha Shisui, known as 'Shisui of The Shunshin', the most powerful genjutsu user of the Uchiha. It's been told Shisui's eyes creates a powerful genjutsu that can even control an individual without them even noticing." I said, then turning to Itachi. "Is that correct?" I asked him, and he nodded. "Correct." Itachi answered, then turned everyone. "I embedded the command 'protect Konoha' as a genjutsu into Shisui's eye. And in turn, I embedded his eye into that crow, and entrusted it to you, Naruto. I never dreamed it would end up being used against me, though." Itachi explained. "Why did you have that eye? In fact, why did you give it to me?" Naruto asked Itachi. His Mangekyou Sharingan faded back into a regular sharingan. "Self sacrifice... a nameless shinobi who protects peace from within the shadows... that is an true shinobi. Shisui taught me that. Shisui gave me his eye, trusting me to protect the village with it. He asked me to hide it's existence, and then died silently. In order to prevent conflict over his eyes, he made it looked like he destroyed his eyes, and erased his existence. I helped him accomplish this. The last time I met Shisui though... Danzo had already taken one eye. The other... I gave to you, who had the same ideals he had. If the brother I had left behind ever became a threat to the village... as the keeper of Shisui's eye, it would mean I betrayed his trust. You were the only one who could hope to correct this." Itachi said, and Naruto stayed silent throughout this. "You called Sasuke your brother, Naruto. This is why I felt that only you could stop Sasuke if the time ever came. I believed that Sasuke would transplant my eyes in order to gain 'true' power... the Eternal Mangekyou. When that happened, the crow would emerge, reacting to my transplanted eyes... and cast the 'Kotoamatsukami' on Sasuke... to protect Konoha. That was the plan, anyway..." Itachi said, and my mouth dropped. I never really remembered what was Itachi's plan, the highlights I remember was that he use Shisui's eye to get out of the enemy's jutsu by genjutsu, and get on our side. "Daaaaamn you really thought that plan out." I said, awing. "Why didn't you use Shisui's eye in the first place, fool!?" B asked. "I couldn't use it. At least, not then. Shisui's Mangekyou requires at least another decade to activate again. Discounting Senju Harashima's chakra, unlikely as it is. Besides, there were things I wanted to do for Sasuke, with my death." Itachi told B. Naruto finally spoke after a while of silence. "Itachi... thank you for trusting me... you don't have to worry anymore... You've done more than enough for the village already. Leave the rest to me!" Naruto said, grinning at Itachi. Itachi's mouth parts, then he then his lips twitch up into a small smile. "......I'm grateful... that my little brother has a friend like you..." Itachi said, bowing slightly. I felt a disturbance in the flames on Nagato, so I turned to him. Yes, I can feel disturbances in the Amaterasu flames. Even if it's not mine, I can still feel it when I'm in Amaterasu Dragon Slayer mode. "Where is..." Naruto said as he turned to look to the place the disturbance was. So he felt it too. All of a sudden, and outline of a chameleon appeared with it's mouth open, revealing Nagato. "Shinra Tensei!!" Nagato yelled, and some kind of gust thing barrels towards us, and most of us got knocked away. I get knocked to the left, then I felt someone catch me. I looked to see Itachi holding me bridal style... why do people keep catching me like this? I never had this once happen to me when my gender was a secret... is it because they now know I'm a girl? They think I'm delicate? Ha! Hell no! Whatever... I'll thank him anyways. "Thank you Itachi..." I said as he sets me down on the tree. "Let's go. They are probably fighting Nagato right now... Let's hope he didn't regain his strength back." Itachi said... that's right! If he gets his strength back... he has all the rinnegan paths! It'll be hard to defeat him! "Right! Let's go!" I yelled, as I run with Itachi to wherever he's taking me... because I have no idea where they are right now.