Chapter 66

*First person pov*

I slipped around Shikamaru to bring Ino into the group hug too, comforting them without a single word. Because now, words can't do anything, and I'll save the words until after this war is over. I felt Shikamaru actually pull me close to him, so I also brought Ino closer so Shikamaru doesn't accidentally pull me away from her. Shikamaru's grip loosened then stood up, and Ino pulled back sniffling. "Shikamaru..." Choji trailed off. "We're in a battle. No unnecessary comments now. Same goes for Ino. We're going to do what our fathers said." After Shikamaru said that, Keiko arrived at the scene, come to think of it I can't remember when she left, but she came back at Ino's side. "You're going to be okay. Just stand up, and fight with us." Keiko said sternly to Ino. It may have sounded harsh, but this is Keiko's way of being comforting to Ino, I suppose. It's because we are in a battle, and like Shikamaru said, there can't be any unnecessary comments now. "What does this mean anyway, Shikamaru!?" Naruto yelled. I didn't even realize he was there. "That you're the key of the strategy." Neji said, arriving at the scene. Where do they even keep coming from? I mean I know all the shinobi are here, but how come all of our friends some how find us in thousands and thousands of shinobi? "Not that! I mean, what happened to Shikaku and Inoichi!?" Naruto yelled, and everyone went silent... do we really need to keep Naruto in the dark here? "GWAAAH!!" A cry of anguish sounded, as a thundering fist barreled toward us to demolish us. "NEJI!! SPIN RIGHT!!" Uhh... the head of the Hyuuga yelled as he appeared out of nowhere. I seriously regret forgetting his name, what was it!? Was it Hizashi or Hisashi!? These twins look the same! Anyways, and so, the two Hyuugas used that Hakkeshou Kaiten thing with the blue sphere thing in front of the fist thing, stopping it. "W-Wow... who knew a stuck up cunt like him was strong like that." Keiko said, and I glared at her. "Keiko!" "What?" I frowned. "Don't use that sort of language!" "Sorry..." Naruto was amazed, at what Neji and his uncle could do. "Wow... The Hyuuga are real strong... and Neji is a real genius!" Naruto said amazed, and a irk mark appeared on my head. "Hey! I'm stronger than the Hyuuga!.... Well I never tried it but I'm sure I'm stronger!" I said confidently, but I really think my words were fake as Nicki Minaji's ass. "Did it bounce back!?" "It's the Leaf's Hyuuga's technique. We had a hard time against them during the war." Some Shinobi said. "Don't space out, Naruto! We're in a battle and we're fighting!... Some people might die." Hyuuga Head said. YOU DON'T SAY!? "But if we lose this war, everyone will die!" Hyuuga Head yelled, reminding Naruto. "Of course... I know!" Then don't act so stupid, Naruto. "I'm sure that Shikamaru's and Ino's fathers were happy that, as shinobi, they could pass away before their children.... Like my father." Neji said. True, true, if I ever was a parent I would want to die... no. I want to, if possible, out live everybody. In fact, when I become elderly, I probably would want everyone to die before me. So that... nobody would see my dying face. I've had people around me die before, and seeing their dying face sucks, it's hard, it hurts so much it's hard to breathe. I'm not that cruel to let anyone of my friends to see my dying face. I'll die alone, unnoticed by anyone. It's a rule I live by, don't die before your friends. You live for them. And if I go and die... all just make them all sad and stuff. So I'll live until I'm all alone and cry alone. Watch them all die then die alone. Heh, that sounds nice and a fitting end for me. "For this strategy we need your power Naruto in order to make it useful." Neji said, and for fuck's sake, where do these people keep coming from, Hinata just popped out of nowhere and in front of us. "We will protect Naruto to the end!" Hinata announced. "Hinata!" Naruto said surprised. "Be careful! The Hyuugas are the strongest of Leaf!" The head yelled... why the hell would he warn the enemy? Is he really confident in his abilities? Cheeky bastard. Wait... wait wait wait wait..... What? No no no! Shit, we didn't prepare for this... Dammit Okamia, just tell me already! Neji's death is coming up real, REAL soon. The next attack, be ready. What!? How should I counter those wood things!? Like you said, it's wood. Use a fire attack, or use that Fairy Sphere. I remember a lot of people dying in this next attack, all the fairy tail kids are here! How am I going to protect them!? Look, the dragons are with them. They'll be fine, plus they are very capable. I believe in them, but do you? I do, but you have to remember that they are just kids. Yeah, yeah, just stop Neji from doing something stupid. The Juubi screamed, and all the hand tail things hovered over the Shinobi army, and wood things came out of it. I hung around Naruto, dodging all the wood things while some Shinobi were so unfortunate. I could still hear their screams... dammit all. Well, Naruto took cover behind Neji who was doing that blue chakra sphere thing and started making a Rasen Shuriken. "Thanks Neji! I was able to enter Sage mode!" Naruto yelled, then throwing the Rasen Shuriken while his clones who helped him make the shuriken started cheering. The shuriken cut through most of the huge wooden spikes, but it wasn't enough so Naruto started making more and threw them. Naruto then collapsed, startling me. "Naruto!" I yelled, and I looked back up to see a wood spike heading for me. "Kuushou!" The spike was blown away, and I saw Neji beside me with his arm up, fuming. "Pay attention!" The same thing happened to Naruto, except Hinata protected him. God I ship them so much. The Juubi's tail hand that was hovering over our area was spewing more spikes, and the head of the Hyuuga did something and it knocked the hand away. Here it comes! The hand's finger lifts up and aims at us, and spikes came out of the finger. Hinata blocks the unable Naruto, and I started filing my lungs up with fire. I run to the side, because I know Neji would jump away, and if he jumps in front of me, he'll just die from my fire. And that's worse. As I thought, Neji jumped in the way, but I managed to blow fire just before the wood spikes pierced him, burning the wood. I grinned slightly, relived. "I did it...!" But just then... pain swept through my lower abdomen. I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings... "Eh...?" I looked up again to see a barrage of wood coming for me. It all pierced me, and I inhale sharply. I coughed, then flopped on the ground... So... this is how I'm gonna go, huh? Looking up at the sky as I gave my final breath, hearing one word before I passed. "CASSIE!"

(BTW, not the end.)