Chapter 65

*First person pov*

"Whoa! Look! He grew ears! That's amazing!" Natsu said nonchalantly, as if we aren't in a life or death situation. Okay, I've come to the conclusion that these Fairy Tail kids have something seriously wrong with them. "And hey! He finally looks more like a bulbasaur! Except a very, very malnourished bulbasaur..." Keiko said, again, like she wasn't staring at death in the face. Wait, why haven't we dropped this bulbasaur bullshit?! We reused that joke way too much!! Is Keiko way too proud of that joke!? Keiko's messed up in the head too. Where did I go wrong? Umm....... You didn't? Maybe when her egg dropping from the sky and hitting you shook her up too much. Maybe that's why she's so messed upOh... so it wasn't my fault. Thank god. Or the internet. And if it is that, then it's your fault. ....Fuck. I noticed Naruto, standing little ways away from me. He was clutching his shoulder... is there something wrong with it? Come to think of it, it looks weird... is it dislocated? "Wendy, go heal Naruto." I said to her, and the color drained from her face. "A-Are you sure? M-My ability of healing is not... Plus he's important.... what if I mess up and he can't fight.... or...." Wendy mumbled, and I shook my head. "Neither am I. Sure, I can heal, but I don't focus healing. It's for cuts and bruises, not this difficult stuff. Please, go help Naruto." I pleaded with her, and she looked down. I was disappointed, I thought she wasn't gonna do it, not until she lifted her tiny four year old head up confidently. "I will do it! And I will succeed! Watch me, Cassie-nee!" Wendy then ran over to Naruto as fast her four year old legs can take her. I looked over to Laxus, who was by my side. "It's a pity.... You know Laxus? Such a young children, such as these brats, have to experience this so young. What was Makarov and the dragons thinking?" I said to Laxus, as I also watched Natsu and Gajeel do other stuff. "I don't know either... but they really aren't that innocent, you know. We all had our pasts, and that's what made us strong so we can be here today. Our dragon parents put their trust into us, and likewise us putting our trust in them. That's what it means to be Fairy Tail, the name you gave us." Laxus said, and I laughed. "Such wise words coming from a brat, eh?" I said, and Laxus scoffed. "I'm hardly a brat, we're the same age." Laxus countered, and it was my turn to scoff. "Hardly. I'm older than you by a few months, I'm older and wiser than you." I said, and Laxus rolled his eyes. The Juubi started collecting chakra in his mouth. "Here he comes." I said to Laxus, getting in to position, him soon following after. The Juubi fired the bijuu bomb thing... it went into the distance. "Wha...?" Keiko asked, and the bomb hit the ground, creating a huge explosion in the distance. The whole ground shook, causing me to go off balance but I managed to not fall. The Juubi fired more off into the distance, I don't know where they are going but I can still feel the quakes in the ground. "Oh my... Such a faraway town was destroyed in an instant!" A Hyuuga yelled, byakugan scanning the areas where it's been blown up. I used my Noctre Carnia, and looked into the future because god dammit I can't remember anything on the plot. Okay, so... the Juubi destroys some towns an-....... What? What is it? .... After two more shots it will aim for HQ... Oh yeah... WELL GET A MOVE ON AND FIND SOMEONE TO CONTACT THE HQ YOU IDIOT!! SHIKAKU AND INOICHI ARE THERE, AND WE CAN'T LET THEM DIE!! "Cassie?" Laxus asked me concerned, because I looked like I saw a ghost. I didn't answer him and just took off running. Where the hell are the Yamanakas or someone!? How should I know?! You're a sensor, aren't you!? Yeah, but what if I don't want to work for you!? WELL WHAT IF I WANT TO KEEP PEOPLE ALIVE!? SURE!! THERE'S A YAMANAKA 2:00 YOU BASTARD!!! THANK YOU!! I run to a guy in a pony tail who I think is a Yamanaka, I don't know, it seems like they all wear pony tails. Just like the Nara clan where their hair is spiked up in that pony tail thing, Hyuuga clan always have long hair, and Inuzuka clan have those weird red marking things. Wait... is that racist? I don't know, it just seems everything is racist. If I say something in public about how something like how they dress is different about how two different races they just call me a racist. I swear, I'm just waiting to say it and they yell that I'm a racist, and they're white. And I have you know, I'm white too. It just goes to show that people will jump on anything to call a person a racist, my god. I can't even say what I want to say these days because it's racist to the public. Fucking assholes. Nice rant there. Thanks fam. "Oi! Can you hook me up with Shikaku?" I asked the guy, and he nodded. He put a hand on my shoulder, making a hand seal. "SHIKAKU! ARE YOU THERE!?" I yelled. "Yeah, what is it Cassie?" Shikaku replied immediately. "I foresaw with my Noctre Carnia that in two shots of the bijuu bomb the Juubi will fire one of those bijuu bombs at you! Escape immediately!"     "..... It's too late. We can't escape. Those explosions is at least a 100 mile radius, we can't get out of there in time.... We'll just have to do what we can in our time we're alive." Silent rivers of tears spilled out of my eyes as I closed them. One bijuu bomb has been shot. Even though I don't know them that well, we still had our moments and it's sad to see them die. The memories back then when Shikaku teased me about being Shikamaru's girlfriend then tricking Inoichi to think Sai is dating his daughter and went after him..... They were the best parents ever. I wish I got to know them better. "Yes sir...."       "I'm going to relay the information that to the others, as well as the strategy I have came up with." Inoichi connected us with everyone, and started explaining the strategy. I forgot when but I met up with Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji. "You all understood the strategy alright? First of all, Ino-Shika-Cho!" Shikaku told all of us. "What if the strategy doesn't work out?" Shikamaru asked, unsure. "Live and guide them yourself, Shikamaru." Shikaku said solemnly, and I closed my eyes. He's going to break the news now... Another shot rang out, the second shot and now the next shot will be for HQ. "The HQ is going to disappear." Another voice said, Inoichi. I reopened my eyes to see Shikamaru struggling to contain his tears and Ino just full on silent tears. Inoichi and Shikaku started saying their last words to Ino and Shikamaru, and I didn't want to listen in because... well... it shouldn't be any of my business. The last shot rang out again, heading for the HQ. Shikamaru looked utterly broken, and I looked down at the ground. I couldn't help him when Asuma was just slaughtered by Zetsu, the worst death... nobody was around to save him and died alone and my worst guilt. I couldn't comfort him and tell him everything was going to be okay. I wasn't there for him. But now... I closed in on Shikamaru, and hugged him close to me as I pet his head comfortingly. I'll do whatever I can for him now... A rumble shook the ground... signalling the HQ was.... no more.

(A/N: Cassie X Shikamaru moment..... who's happy right now? Who's is disgusted because they ship Cassie X Sasuke? Or I'm just being a dumb nugget and none of you care?)