[FS]: Prologue

P R O L O G U E

I put the last arrow in my bow, and I let the arrow free when I let go of the string. The arrow stings Sebastian in his heart. His eyes stare at me, wide-eyed, before the sword leaves his hand and he falls on the floor with a thud.

I waste no time in dropping the arrow and pull out my dagger.

I turn around looking for Aayan, but directly few feet across from me is Melody. Tears rolling down her cheeks and she raises her shotgun at me. I'm supposed to move when she presses the trigger but I'm frozen staring at her, her fingers shaking.

I hear movements all around me; I hear the clanking of swords. I hear the constant rings of gunshots. And, I feel the bullet piercing my stomach. I let my eyes meet Melody's and she is laughing with happiness, with madness, with sadness because I killed her brother and she got her revenge.

My eyes bulge out; the dagger falls from my hand, clattering on the cold, linoleum floor. I hear it echoing in my ear. My hands rush to my stomach, warm liquid blood covers my hand.

The force of the bullet has already sent me on the floor next to the dagger. My breath comes out in hitches. Stars blink in my eyes, constantly like thousands of flickering bulbs, breathing their last.

My eyes search for one face. My ears yearn for one voice. I need to see him before I'm gone. I know, I'm done. I feel the whole world pressure on my stomach. I feel the burden of my entire life.

And, people say just before you die, you see your life's greatest moments flash by your eyes. But I don't. Instead my mind is pulling his face, on and on and on.

So, I know I need to see him.

And, I get my last dying wish because seconds later after my wish, I feel him picking me up from the head and laying me on his lap. I open my eyes to see tears lingering on his face,

"You are gonne be okay. Okay?" He's shaking badly like he is dying and not me. His voice makes the stars fall with a thud making me twitch. I cough up blood and it splatters on his clothes and his hand.

"I'm sorry." I croak.

"No harm done, baby. Stay with me, okay?" His voice drops dangerously low and he's hissing at me.

I smile, grab his face with my bloody hand. "Don't cry, Aayan. I'm just gonna go in a deep, forever sleep." My eyes droop.

"Hey. Hey." He leans over my face. "You're not gonna go anywhere." He has his hoodie removed and he has it on my stomach, probably to stop the excess blood loss.

I slightly close my eyes and he snaps me out of it.

"Don't close your eyes, Maahirah. I'm gonna get you out of here," He promises me.

"Aayan, but it hurts." Cold drops drip out of my eyes. I feel the bullet twisting inside the muscles of my stomach.

"I know, baby, it does." He kisses me on the forehead. "Destiny, help me." He calls out. "C'mon Maahirah focus on me, okay?"

I swallow. I can't find the ability to keep my eyes peeled open. My body is unable to fight against the drowsiness seeping through it. Though now the pain is almost non-existent. Aayan picks me up in his arms and I've no idea how will he make it through this mad house.

Since, I don't have time, I call him. "Aayan."

"No, you are not dying," He denies it.

I again, smile, my eyes closing. "I love you."

"You are not leaving me yet." I hear his words before a complete blackout.

*************************

VOTE. PLEASE COMMENT BELOW. COMMENTS CHEER UP. PLEASE DO COMMENT.

GoodNight! <3