Chapter Eleven: Everything is Not So Right

Dedicated to @SiriuslyIsha thank you for all those wonderful messages and your support! <3}

X_____________________X

Chapter Eleven

Everything is Not So Right

( Maahirah Furqaan)

My eyes flutter open and my hand reaches up to my eyes to rub them. I clear away the blurriness and my familiar bedroom comes into view.

My room which is pitch dark at night is flooding with dim sunlight; not, too bright but enough to see the objects in my room. I stare up at the ceiling.

Last night, I reached home. My family was there to pick me up from the airport. When Mom hugged me she started weeping. I didn't. I was way too tired to cry. Dad was happy that I'm back without a scratch; his dialogues not mine. Vaneeza was ecstatic.

The plane ride wasn't at all like the last time. I sat with Ellie. We talked for a while before we both were too worked up to say anything. Instead, we were wallowing in our own thoughts.

During the car ride back home, I told Mom and Dad about my time in Brazil. I spill out everything excluding the fight with Fadiya. Other than that, I told them everything not missing a single detail. And, when I got home around three, I prayed Fajr and then slept. Of course, before that I puked and had to drown pills down my throat before sleeping.

I'm allergic to plane rides! My conclusion.

Now, as I'm staring at the ceiling I can't help but drift my mind to 'The Bonfire Party'. Iva's warning keeps echoing in my head. I'm not scared. Maybe I 'was' in the beginning. But, not anymore. I drew one conclusion last night that Iva might be a bit paranoid. She might have had no idea what she spoke. She had just been lost in the party.....or something.

Though, deep down I know that Iva is pretty much a sane person. Why would she utter something as dangerous as that!?

Sighing, I sit up straight. My hand shoots up to my hair and I remove the knots in my weird hair. My feet touch the cold floor, and I shiver. Yep, Minnesota and it's winter!

After I take a long, warm shower, I dress up in casual comfy clothes. I leave my hair open as it's too cold (yes, even in the house) to tie them up. I feel way too much cold in winters. Something seems to be wrong with my hormones. Oh, well!

When I come in the kitchen, I find Vaneeza sitting on the dinner table. (A counter separates kitchen and the dining area) A whole orange in her hand. I lean against the doorframe to watch my sister.

She stares at the orange, intently. Then, to my surprise, she digs her teeth into it without peeling off its skin; she tries eating it like an apple. How gross! She doesn't have enough strength to pull a bite.

"Neez!" I say, and trot towards her. Taking the orange from her and, I show her how to peel it using my nail, unwinding the orange and dropping them on the table. When I'm done with shaving the skin off, I divide the orange in two halves - then breaking it into sections; I place it on the plate.

"There," I push the plate in front of her.

"Oh!! Vaneeza's mouth forms an O shape as she realizes the way to eat an orange.

Turning away from her, I open the refrigerator's door and gaze over its contents. Grabbing a milk's bottle, I close the door. Walking over to the cabinet, I pull out a bowl and fill it with cereal. After pouring milk in it, I sit next to Neez.