[FS]: Chapter Thirteen: Lost Again.

<<<Dedicated to @thasfs for being amazing and appreciative. Your comments and votes mean a lot! <3 I don't know i dedicated you before or not but I love your support>>>

I had no choice, but to be strong,

I had no hope, but to be strong.

I had no strength, but I had to be strong,

I had no one, but I had to be strong.- W.

Chapter Thirteen

Lost Again

Maahirah Furqaan

22nd January.

I have started to have vivid dreams again which I remember from my childhood. They are strange and they keep gliding in my mind like a kaleidoscope. I can't shake it off. I can't let it erase me. I wish for the earth to burst in flames. I wish to be destroyed. But these nightmares kill me, and yet I'm alive, breathing, screaming and being a zombie.

Not dead, yet wishing to be.

I had a dream last night, that I was stranded in the middle of nowhere. I was running on an empty road in the middle of the night. All around me just roads, in grey and black. And, suddenly, there is an explosion. The roads crack in the center sending me somersaulting through the air. When I hit the unsurfaced road, the impact makes me scream. The earth continues to tear and just when the fissure reaches me, a hand breaks through the ground. I shield my face with my hands as the asphalt and concrete rain over me.

My voice dies in my throat, when the hand reaches out to me, and grabs my ankle. I try to shake it off, but it had an iron grip. The sky rumbled as the clouds gathered together to send jolts of lightning. I pry the hand off with my other leg. Instead, onto my right the lightning transforms into human. A human full of light. A human that grasps me and lifts me up, away from that hand. I turn to face them, and I'm met with a smile. A smile that looks so familiar. A smile that makes me scream.

A smile that resembles my mother.

Birthmother.

"Maahirah," Ellie slaps me on my arm. "You okay?"

I take a deep breath, shocked to find myself still breathing after that terrifying remembrance. Why can't I go into emotional shock? That will make my brain freeze, and eventually kill me.

"I'm fine. Why isn't the substitute here?" I ask her.

"Mr.Andrews announced that the substitute won't be coming anymore. Because Mr.Brackson arranged a permanent teacher for us." She tells.

"For Biology?"

"Yeah, genius. Mr. Brackson won't be joining us. I'll miss that old chap." She sighs.

I close my eyes. Of course, he won't be joining. He has new responsibility now. Guiding the people of Elton, since now he is their leader.

Silence falls around me as the new teacher rushes in ten minutes late. Ellie squeezes my hand which can only mean one thing. She finds him attractive.

When he looks up from his desk, my eyes widen too. He is tall, clad in white vintage shirt, a bow tie, and a brown tailored trouser with braces straps. His brown hair styled in the most nerdy way you can ever imagine, and plus them glasses. Even though, he is a complete geek, he is young and handsome.

"Hello, class." He speaks in Geordie accent. "I'm your new biology teacher. My name is Will....Robert. You got any question for me? Or shall we precede?" He pauses and immediately hands shoot in the air. He dances on his toes, looking at the students. "Well, okay, then. Ask away." He smiles. The left side of his cheek deeps in and a dimple forms.