Chapter Ten: The Bonfire Party

Dedicated to @Rubylena30 for your awesome support! :)}

x__________________x

Chapter Ten

The Bonfire Party

 (Maahirah Furqaan)

The next three days pass in blur. I stayed up in my room. Completed my pending homework and assignments and projects. Ate loads of chocolate. Avoided everyone. Skyped my family. Practised for the stupid quiz competition. Whenever Fadiya and her minions walked in the room that was my cue to leave the room, and wander aimlessly around the Hotel. I had explored every bit of the hotel. I found this really cool room on the second floor. 

It is an abandoned place with no lock or door knob. All I do is get in and close it with my back firmly pressed against the door so no one will enter. And I sit their using either my laptop or my phone. I will return to my room somewhere around midnight when I know Fadiya has already slept.

The room is completely empty with nothing in it. Except a window which is bolted way too tight to be opened with bare hands. And I like it!

Although, I've no idea about the history of the room, or whether it's safe or not, and even then, I've been using it for the past three days. All in all, I think it's not huge deal to use a closed and abandoned room. And, besides, I'm leaving tomorrow.

I didn't talk to anyone at all as I clearly stated 'I avoided everyone' and I'm planning to spend my last day exactly the same because tomorrow is our scheduled flight. 

I woke up somewhere around nine and Fadiya has already left the room. I do my usual morning routine and now, I'm sitting on the bed with my laptop in front of me.

With my leftover sandwich of last night in my hand, I log onto my mail account, and wait for my mails to load. I haven't checked them out from a quite a long time. Once it loads, i scroll down through the mails, but one particular mail catches my attention.

It's from Fadiya judging from the date and time, it was sent last night. The subject reads in clear, bold, capital letters:

OH MY GOD CHECK THIS OUT!

Curiosity gets the best of me, and soon enough I've clicked on the mail and I've started downloading the attachment.  After it downloads, I open it. With a gasp, I jolt back.

It's the same picture of Aayan that I had seen a week ago. Aayan is in the car, his hand on the steering wheel, and the other on his lap. The girl besides him is laughing. Her hand concealing her mouth and nose, but her hair; her hair is dull whitish due to flashes of the camera. This picture is taken from quite a long distance because clearly it is zoomed. Aayan and that girl are completely oblivious to the fact that their picture has been taken.

The dull whitish hair makes me realize that I've seen this girl somewhere. I rack my forehead for a brainwave, but nothing happens. I zoom in on the girl, and keep on doing until the poor machine gives up.

Her eyes are hidden too, due to her bend position, and because of this it's taking a lot of time to decipher the person. I bang my knuckles against my head. When nothing registers my brain, I exit this mail, and click on Grace's reply.

"Lol, Fadiya.... this picture is way too old!! Which world are you living in, lol?"

I chuckle, lightly.