[FS]: Chapter Seven: It All Comes Tumbling Down

<Dedicated to you for the amazing comments and love.>

Chapter Seven

It All Comes Tumbling Down

(Maahirah Furqaan )

17th January.

As soon as I enter the lunch room, Ellie waves excitedly at me. I roll my eyes. It seems like all the time she had her eyes on the doors to note down my entry. I make my way towards them. (Dua, Ellie and Grace.) 

When I open my mouth to thank her for my lunch tray. She dismisses me with a flap of her hand.

I glance at Grace, who shrugs equally confused for our friend's "So, this year Prom theme is Disney.I'm so excited. "

Grace rolls her eyes. "Disney theme is like so third grade."

Ellie and Dua shriek.

"Shut up!" Ellie.

"You just did not say that." Dua.

"Whatever."

"Oh Grace, it is a beautiful theme. Magical. Mystical. Enthralling."

Ellie hugs me side-ways. "Yes. Baby. "

We are in the cafeteria which is bursting with excitement  as soon as the Prom Committee announced the theme. Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors along with Seniors are as much excited as if they are also graduating.

Dua, Grace and Ellie blend well with the buzz but I don't.  An uneasy feeling dances in the pit of my stomach. Like something is lurking in the corner, waiting to claw its tendons into my skin. 

I shudder.

"......oh God. I wish that Mom lets me loose on the prom." Grace grumbles. "I hope she forgets her curfew."

"Of course, she will." The ever-energetic Ellie pumps her fist in the air. "The prospect of Prom is to feel independence days away, and.....hey Darren."

I whip my head around to find him standing with his hands behind his back.

"Hi girls." He says  a little too shyly.

I with my hands gesture urge him to speak louder.

He clears his throat. "Um, Ellie can I talk to you?"

Ellie who is busy chewing fries, looks up startled and spews out the contents of her mouth. "Me?"

My eyes widen. How unlady like.

"Yeah, um. I was wondering that you're one of the cutest and prettiest girl in the school, and I know that the 'date' is announced couple of hours ago but I was thinking:" He pulls out the single red rose and offers it to her. "Will you, can you go the prom with me?...as....my....date?"

Ellie gapes, her hands on her mouth. She is staring at him. Darren looks at me nervously. I wink as if to say wait-for-it.

Then, she gasps. She snatches the rose from him and flings into his arms, making him stumble, but she is squealing. "Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes."

I stand up and clap along with the whole cafeteria  hooting, whistling at their cuteness.

**************