Chapter Six: The Plane Ride

Dedicated to @sweetiehafi for being an awesome friend! Your support means a lot to me!!! Hope you continue to vote!!:)

And I would like to thank @cullenbelieber for her amazing comment! In Shaa Allah dedication will be up for you too!!!!:)))

Vote it will mean a lot to me>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chapter Six

The Plane Ride

(Maahirah Furqaan)

I wake up to my Mom's banging on the door.

"I'm up, Mom!" I exclaim.

"You better be. Your flight leaves in an hour and half which gives you fifteen minutes to get ready if you want to reach before nine," Mom speaks against the door.

"What?" I shout, throwing the covers off of me. I rub my eyes to look at the time seven thirty. Oh, my God. Gosh! Damn! What the hell? Ya Allah!! Maahirah calm down. Take deep breathes and close your eyes. I'm late, alright? I've twenty minutes to get ready. Five minutes for breakfast. Another ten minutes for goodbyes and loading the car's trunk with my luggage and after mental calculation I'll reach the airport at eight forty. Not exactly punctual but something is better than nothing.

I rush washroom and take the quickest shower of my entire life and put on my already laid outfit. I blow dry my hair and tie them in a bun. My cellphone beeps continuously but I don't pay attention towards it. Wrapping the hijab around my head and securing it with colourful pins, I grab my cellphone and put it in my pocket. Turning off the lights of my dear, old room, I drag my suitcase down the stairs.

Mom hands me Nutella sandwich. At least, something good in this bright, late, cheerful morning. Dad puts my luggage in his car. Once one with my breakfast, I sit in the backseat along with Vaneeza while Mom sits in the passenger seat and Dad's on the wheel. Mom's pretty angry at me. I can feel it - the way she frowns at me and hasn't spoken a word to me.

"Did you not set the alarm?" Dad asks.

"I did but I guess I hit the snooze button and drifted off to sleep,"

"Maahirah, that was completely, utterly responsible," Mom scowls at me.

"I know, Mom," I fidget with my purple contrasted with green purse.

"What do you know? It is sometimes hard to believe that you're an outstanding student. Your irresponsibility will pay you one day badly," Mom's pretty pissed off.

It's hard to consider the fact that I'm seventeen year old girl."Gee, Mom I'm sorry!!" I don't know what else to say

“Will this sorry make you realize your responsibility?”Mom asks.

“Yes, In Shaa Allah it will!” I reply.

Sighing Mom says,"You're supposed to set an example for Neez but I forgive you," Mom smiles once we near the airport when Dad parks the car and I can already see our class huddled near the entrance. I get down from the car. I hug Dad first. “Take care,honey!”

“I’ll Dad! No worries!”

Looking at Mom, I sigh. She’s already in tears.”Mom, I’ll be fine!” I hug her.