Chapter Sixteen: When Impossible Becomes Possible

(Dedicated to @watdouwantblud     for voting and commenting on  my book. And  *clears throat* for reminding me that I was supposed to update on Friday!:) )

x____________________x

'Augustus Waters (TFiOS) said, "Pain demands to be felt." But, I'll say, sweet is the feeling of numbness, it's kind of like a mercy upon me. When I don’t have to feel anything at all. Just numbness and soreness.' Me

Chapter Sixteen

When Impossible Becomes Possible

(Maahirah Furqaan)

"Oh, my God, I hate school precisely at this moment. I literally do!" Ellie exclaims as she sits next to me during lunch with a tray in her hand.

I laugh, shaking my head. "Why?"

"The darn play. I'm not saying the idea is bad but to be bullied is definitely a worse experience!"

I nod while eating my homemade sandwich. "Uh-huh!"

She continues her ranting with me nodding, or agreeing with her while saying 'uh-huh' or a 'yes' or simply shaking my head as a 'no, that's too bad.'

We were practising for the play since the last days. A new schedule was given to us and according the schedule,  the first four periods are spent studying and the last four rehearsing for the play. I had to go through the pain of watching the rehearsals with Fadiya and Jaffar directing the play.

Sandra is another story. Honestly, all she cares about is her appearance during the play. She's good at acting. No doubt, but she's just....she just thinks that the world revolves around her. She wants everyone's attention focused on her.

Aayan, is a total twisted story. We haven't crossed paths yet because he has been missing school on a regular basis. He was present only on Monday, and since then he has been absent. Goodness knows why. Though I do pray that everything is fine with him. His absence is inexplicable. Well, except maybe he's sick or something. Even Darren's presence is frequent.

For me life has been normal. Students forgot the incident that happened at Fadiya's place, and I'm glad for it. My life has been on the track again. I think so. But, I'm not so sure anyway about it. All I feel around is an aura....mysterious aura.

The bell rings, slicing my ear drum like thousands dagger aimed at once. I sigh, getting up throwing Ellie hurry-up-or-we-will-be-late look.

Biology, is the period. We're supposed to do group study/discussion today. And, if Aayan doesn't show up today either I'll have to find a new partner. Or make a three student group with someone.

After we get our Biology book from the lockers, we make our to biology class.

"Do you know why Aayan's not coming to school?" Ellie asks me.

"Nay," I shake my head.

"I hope everything is okay!" She says.

I nod as we enter Biology class. When my eyes flicker towards my desk, a wave of disappoint passes through me. Aayan isn't present today either. I make my way towards my desk, and with a great deal of grudge I sit on my seat.

Why isn't he present today again? And, most of all why do I feel deep emotions due to his absence? Because you're his friend. You care about him.