[FS] Chapter Two: Killing My Ego & Pride

CHAPTER TWO

Killing My Ego & Pride

(Aayan Aslam)

7th January.

I know I'm hurting her with my attitude, with my ways but it had to be done. It'll be easier for us to live for some times in our separate world. --Aayan Aslam.

THE minute, I enter into my small apartment, my phone starts ringing. Gritting my teeth in pure annoyance, I blindly fumble my hand around the wall, hoping for the damn switchboard to meet my palm. Seconds later, I'm almost done with the phone blaring and utter darkness, but thankfully that second, my fingers slap the switch, and light blinks on.

I dig my finger in my pocket and pull out my cellphone to see Fakhir's name flashing across the screen.

Swiping the screen to answer, I bring of it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hello. That's what you have to say to me? Like hello and nothing else." My brother is a lethal monster right now. I enjoy this always so I push myself on the couch, and put my legs up on the coffee table.

"Yes, Fakhir. Normal people say hello when they answer their phone."

"Cut the crap, Aayan. It's no time for you jesting." I can hear the urgency, the panic in his voice so I drop the calm façade.

"Is Inayah, or Haazim and Haaziq okay?'" I ask about my other siblings.

Fakhir sighs on the other line. "Alhamdolillah. They are okay."

Suddenly, I sit up straight. The mobile almost slips from my hand as I remember seeing her miscalls in the morning when I switched on my mobile. I didn't bother calling back because I never do, and that's why fears now gnaws in the inner walls of my entire body.

"Is she okay?"

"By she if you mean Maahirah, then yes she is okay...."

I cut him off with a loud sigh as I lean back in the couch. She's okay and that's all matters.

"......but not for long." He ignores my disturbance and blasts the bomb on me.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I've forgotten how to relax.

"It means that danger is looming around because Justin was sent back last night."

"Oh, wow. Kathy must be happy." I interject again.

"Can you shut up and just listen." Fakhir pauses. "They returned him..........dead."

I swallow hard. "Dead?"

"Yes. He was thrown at the gate. Brutally harmed. Barely recognizable. With a message branded onto his abdomen."

I wince, dreading to hear him continue.

"We will find her, and make sure she dies a pathetic death."

*************************

Needless to say, after that horrendous revelation from Fakhir's side, I couldn't sleep. I spend the entire night tossing and turning, and almost calling her back. I just needed to hear her voice to make sure she's fine. But, that would earn me a title of selfish person; which i agree i'm. I'm not denying it. I haven been rejecting her calls, ignoring her messages but I had a reason for it. However the yearn to know her safety had me up all night.

So, when the sun creeps in through the floor-to-ceiling windows, I groan and curse myself for not shutting the  curtains before sleeping last night. I must have dozed two-three hours ago when I had reached to the solution for my problem. 

The headache is revolting. My whole body is sore and my throat dry. I have been giving concerts for the last three days continuously. I'm tired, and numb. But, this is the way to torture my own self. This is the way to own the world, and forget your worries. This is the only that makes me think less about her. This is the way that makes me control my raging emotions, and this is the way that I have learned to survive.

I throw the duvet off of me and unplug my phone from the charger and dial one number that I hate so much. Darren Anderson.

"Hello?" His drowsy voice meets my ear. I smile in satisfaction that I have bothered in his sleep.

"Hmm, have I disturbed your beauty sleep?" I smirk.

"Yes. Freaking dumbo. It's freaking 8 in the morning, and it's freaking Sunday so yes, you have freaking disturbed my sleep." Annoyance and anger laced from his words.

I yawn, lazily. "Well, now that we have established this freaking fact that I don't like you so I don't care if I have destroyed your precious sleep."

"Shut the hell up, Aayan. I'm sure you didn't call me just to destruct my morning. We aren't even friends to begin with but who am I kidding? We both have one thing common now." I can picture him grinning. 

I growl. "Don't you dare. She never was and never will be yours." 

He laughs. "Oh damn, it's so fun riling you up."

"I'm warning you, Anderson. Keep your eyes away from her." I clench my fists.

"Really Aslam? You have the knack to say me this? You left her in tears yesterday. She has grown thin, fragile but oh, I'm sure a part of her hates you for leaving her abandoned like this. You can't call her back. It's been three days since you dropped her at home. You had the right to return her calls, but oh, you didn't. You're busy prattling around being the famous person you're." 

I close my eyes at this. I'm taking the blows because he is right, I have been nothing but a disappointment to her. She has every right to hate me. I won't rebuff him or her on this. I grit my teeth and kill my pride, my ego and say him.

"That's all I ask you Darren. Look after her." With this I cut the line, without even sparing an ear to what Darren was saying.

I'm pathetic and she don't deserve me. But, I'm a man and I own her so I'll do something to see her thin, and fragile self. I've to.

*****************************

A short chapter. This was just a filler chapter. A dive into Aayan's thoughts and a dive into Darren and Aayan's relationship.

Just a heads up: Justin in the beginning when Maahirah was brought to Elton, Justin was hold as hostage and now he is killed. His mother Kathy Gonzalez hates Maahirah. Rings any bell?

Anyways, Ramadan Mubarak. I hope you guys are having amazing days. 

NEXT UPDATE AFTER RAMADANS...HAVE A BLESSED MONTH..........LEAVE A COMMENT AND VOTE ON THIS CHAPTER. PLEASE.........

Dedicated to @YumnaAltaf for all those lovely votes and comments........<3

COMMENT QUESTION: What do you think Aayan will do now?

Follow me on instagram wardah_mk7

Love. <3

PS: Welcome New Readers. I have been receiving your votes and it will be a good thing if you guys drop in a comment. <3 It makes me happy....