Chapter Fifteen: Unforgettable Dinner

{Dedicated to @RehabIskander for being one of my first amazing friend here on Wattpad. And, for encouraging me in the beginning of this book. I know I should have had dedicated to you a little bit earlier.....but, it just slipped past my head.}

x___________________x

'We girls have serious disorder of feeling insecure. Why can't we for once realise that we all are beautiful and pretty in our own special way, and only then we can stop wishing to be 'her'.' - Me

Chapter Fifteen

Unforgettable Dinner

( Maahirah Furqaan)

"Maahirah! Rise and shine!" Mom barges in my room.

"Mom!" I scream startled as I pull the blanket up to my chin.

"Wake up, honey!"

I lay down on my back in the bed. Closing my eyes, I once again adjust myself in my soft comfy bed. Next thing I know is that water spraying upon my face. I yell, and sit up straight. "Mom!"

She's holding a water gun in her hand, and smiling victoriously."Up. Now. Or you want another round!?"

"Jeez, no, Mom. I'm up! See!" I rub my eyes and face to wipe off the water.

"Perfect. Downstairs in five minutes!" She skips out of my room, (literally, skips)  slamming the door shut behind her.

What has gotten in her?

Shaking my head, I get away from my best friend (at the moment) - my bed. Pulling out a random scarf from my closet,  I wrap it around my head.

Outside in the hallway, Dad is exiting his bedroom - rubbing his eyes to clear away the drowsiness.

"I see, you've been victim of Mom's wrath on a bright, beautiful Saturday morning." I can't help but tease him.

Dad nods. "Your mother is amazing, but sometimes, she ceases to cross the lines, and act like a lunatic person!"

I laugh. At the same time, Mom appears out of Vaneeza's room, yelling,"I heard that,"

Neez follows her out, rubbing her eyes and yawning. "Mom, what's the occasion?"

"You were supposed to," Dad calls back.

"Talking less, working more, Usman!" Mom retorts as she pulls Dad's hand down the stairs.

Vaneeza puckers her lower lip out and pokes her tongue out. I slap her lightly on the back, rolling my eyes.

Imaan and Ishaq are already in the kitchen. Neez, I and Dad stand across from them, on the other side of the table, while Mom takes the place at the head of the table.

"Assalmu Alaiykum! I see you're all up, and cheerful as chirping birds." Mom smiles and I throw a wide eyed glance at Imaan, who laughs quietly."I had already assigned you your tasks which I hope you remember. And, by three in the afternoon everything should be completed, and you all should be present in here. Got it?" Without waiting for our replies, she pushes us out of the room with a wave of her hand."Well, get to work. Don't just stand in here."

Ladies and Gentlemen, thus begins my beautiful Saturday morning - scrubbing and cleaning like poor Cinderella.

****************

Somewhere around four, (yes, four) I slump on my chair - all worn out. God, Mom can be cruel sometimes. She made me vacuum the entire house; four bedrooms, two guest rooms and living room, and, oh, the hallways, too.