Chapter Twenty One: My Decision

Dedicated to @pretty-lady for all those lovely messages and comments!:) May Allah bless you!:))) i hope you continue reading, voting and commenting on it!:)

x___________x

“Life is about taking chances. What is the use of living a life in which you don’t take any chance? Take a chance and wait for its outcome. Maybe the result will be fruitful, or maybe  it might be unpredictable, but at least, you will learn a lesson” Me

Chapter Twenty One

My Decision

(Maahirah Furqaan)

I follow Inayah. She somehow doesn't use the staircase or the elevator. She uses strange and weird paths. Her hand is clasping mine as she mutters something under her breathes.

This strange secret hallways are lighted by chandeliers in the form of light fixtures are located at every  intervals

"This is the secret path to every room in this building and of course, the exit. When someone says 'Blue-Code' during an emergency, it means that you've to use this secret passage."

"How do you know where you're going?"

She stops. And underneath the torchlight, I see her lips twitching into a smile.

"Secret!" She winks.

I roll my eyes."Okay!"

We continue our journey to her mother's room which Allah knows is where.

After full fifteen minutes, we're in a hallway which has the tube lights which makes me sigh in relief. At least, now I'm in a civilization.

Inayah, straightens her shirt and sleeks her hair with her palm. "First room on your right!"

I swallow, hard and nod."C'mon!"

She guides me towards the room. Circling her hand, around the knob, she looks at me.

I bite my lip. The door itself is giving the scary vibe, and for a second, I formulate a plan to turn around and walk away. Before I even start pondering over it, the door pulls open, and Inayah jumps back, startled.

"Inayah?" Aayan's voice meets my ear. I, immediately, snap my head in his direction. His eyes meet mine, and I'm tempted to wrap my hands around his neck and strangle him to death.

"Maahirah? What are you two doing here?" He is asking his sister as he closes the door softly behind him.

"I want to see Mum!" She whispers.

Aayan swallows hard. His Adam's apple bobs up and down. He pinches his eyes close for a second before opening them.

"Mum is sleeping. She needs rest, Inayah."

"But....I didn't see her the entire day." She moves forward to overtake Aayan, but, he's fast. He blocks the door with his arms and pushes her back, slightly.

"Aayan. I just want to see her. Please." Her eyes are moist.

Aayan kneels down and pulls his sister in a hug. My mouth nearly drops open in shock as I realize what is going on! Their mother's condition is far too critical than Inayah knows. I, awkwardly, stand there, watching the two of them hug each other. Inayah sobs hardly against his torso while he pats her back, and whispers comforting words in her ear.

I feel like invading their privacy, so, for the second time, when I think of turning around, the door is opened again, and this time a set of twins walk out.