[FS] Chapter Four: I Think I'm Gonna Have Heart Attack

CHAPTER FOUR

I Think I'm Gonna Have Heart Attack

(Aayan Aslam)

'Lies and secrets they are like cancer in the soul. They eat away what is good and leave behind only destruction.' - Anonymous

14th January.

I bow a little as I give my final goodnight speech for today. I thank the audience for showing up to the show tonight. As always, I have to impress the fans that they were my favorite crowd. The girls scream which is only muffled by the earpieces that I'm wearing. Waving, I back out from the stage, and clamber down the stairs.

Backstage,my manager and good friend, Joel Wald thumps me on the back. "Great show, man. You nailed it."

I nod my head and let him speak whatever, as I sling away the electric guitar from around my neck.

"I need to go, Joel." I interject to all that brewing unnecessarily out of his mouth.

"WHAT?" He quickly runs behind me as I take quick strides to the dressing room. "What do you mean?"

"I need to go home. My family is missing me."

"You can't leave like that."

"For a week, I do not have any show. No concert. No signing. Nothing at all."

"Exactly. That is the point." Joel begins, already panting trying to keep up with me. He is stout and short. "You need to rest your voice. Enjoy a week in Maldives or somewhere. I'll book you tickets and a hotel room....."

"Joel, for God's sake, I don't need a vacation for the last time." I cut to right.

"Yes, you do. You are depressed and it pisses me off. If you go home, you will be more shitty as ever."

I sigh. "You know, I appreciate your concern for me, and thank you so much. But, my family needs me ever. So, please let me go." I stop beside my room.

Joel runs his hand through his hair. "Fine. Jeez you are desperate as shit to see them. I will let you go. But, I swear to God, if you don't return before 21st, I will personally kill you."

I chortle. "Thank you, dude. Yes I won't embarrass you in front of the labels."

                                                    **************************

The next day, at 3:30 PM I'm standing in front of the Elton headquarters. My heart thumping in my chest, as I remember the last time I was here, she was here with me. In her mind I was a good man, but now, probably I'm the bad guy.

Oh Maahirah, if you only knew.

I swipe my card on the elevator and seconds later, it comes to life as it recognizes my card from the computerized data. The doors open and I set in. Pressing the level 1, I lean back as the lift springs to action and then it's roaring deeper into the ground. 

On Level-1, as I step out. I hear a shriek, and I look up to find my only sister, Inayah coming out from Aseer's room. Her hair pulled in a tight bun. She seems taller and maturer. Gone was the trace of a small girl, who dependent on her brothers for every need. I see a woman; a strong independent woman.

She doesn't throw herself at me, but instead stands politely in front of me. Her cheekbones tainted red. She holds the file to her chest and dances on the tip of her toes. Somehow, this reminds me again of her.