Chapter Fourteen: Re-believing In What Was Lost

{Dedicated to @EnchantedByIslam for being my amazing friend here, on Wattpad!!:)) You really are one of a kind, and I'm blessed to have you as my friend!:) }

x_____________________x

'There are times when I doubt us. Doubt our friendship. But going back in time makes me realize that maybe our friendship is irreplaceable and impeccable. No matter how many ups and downs we'll have we'll always have each other’s back at the end of the day. ' -Me

Chapter Fourteen

Re-believing In What Was Lost

(Maahirah Furqaan)

"Mom, I'm going over Fadiya's place!" I yell as I snatch my jacket off the rack at the same time pulling on my sneakers.

Mom appears in the hallway. "At this time!?"

"Mom, please. Fadiya. Needs. Me." I emphasize on each and every word.

"Honey, it will get dark soon enough..."

"There is an hour or two left for darkness to show itself, I'll be back soon. I promise!"

Maybe the desperation in my tone, or maybe fear written all over my face, makes Mom to let me go. And, without a second glance I'm out.

Fadiya's house is five minutes far by walking distance. And, normally I ask Mom to drop me or I usually walk. And, today I'm walking.

I zip up my jacket as chilly cold wind blows. It didn't snow since last five days but, even then the white sheet seems to be fresh and new. If it hadn't been any emergency I would have had played with snow. Unfortunately, luck isn't on my side today.

I'm trying my best to not think about Fadiya. Not now. Because, at the moment my brain isn't sane, and I know if I start pondering over Fadiya, I'm bound to pull horrendous thoughts which might decrease my speed and resulting in my late arrival.

I feel something dripping down my cheeks. My first reaction is that I look up at the sky to find grey clouds, but not rainy or snowy clouds. I touch my fingertips on my cheeks, and realize that my tear glands have stimulated the tears to imprison themselves out of my eyes. I furiously wipe them away.

I cannot let Fadiya see them. I've to stay strong for myself. No, for both of us.

Within five minutes, I'm in front of her house. Loud music echoes out. I hear it because I've ordered my ears to strain at the voice. I'm pretty sure other people (outsiders) would have had ignored it.

Fear screams in every part of my body as I think what is going on inside the house. That's the funny thing about houses, they seem innocent and full of life from outside, but inside......is the real dilemma. The real story.

I turn the door knob with Allah's name, and get in. It's pitch dark. My inner voice is screaming that I shouldn't be here. I should turn around and be out now. But I don't listen to it. When do I?

I'm hundred percent sure I heard the music, but now it's silence. The kind of silence which only yells 'DANGER.' I'm frozen at my spot, unable to move and unable to think.

What's going on in here?

"Hello?" I shout.

Then, I feel it. The force of some things hitting me all at the same time. I scream. As I shield my face from whatever is being rained all over me. I hear laughter. Many people laughter. Sinister laughter.