[FS]: Chapter Eleven: A Dog-Fight

Dedicated to you @stormy_flare
because you're one of those amazing readers whose comments always somehow cheers me up. Your each and every comment on my each and every chapter is worth everything in my book. <3

(Dedications are coming up, for, everyone who comments and votes is very special to me!)

*******************

Chapter Eleven

A Dog-Fight

(Maahirah)

18th January

EVER wondered what it feels like, to have the world right under your palm and then watch it slip away. That's right, if you haven't felt that way, let me tell you. It's ugly.

Seconds ago, I had this inner peace that everything is okay and normal and I'm normal and I've nothing to worry about. And, we're celebrating my sister's eighth birthday. Just, my parents and I. But, the small bubble bursts when I see my school mates, and is further destructed by my husband, AKA, Aayan Aslam, AKA, 'World Famous Popstar'.

I look at Aayan, and then at Ellie, Dua, Grace and Alizey. My mind freezes up completely as I try to come up with some excuse. Aayan mouth opens and closes like a seal. Mentally, I roll my eyes, for ever considering him perfect; like, why can't he come up with any excuse?

The tension in the air thickens which is not good for me as it suffocates my trachea. I keep my mind fill with fresh air but the smothering air kills me, and before I know, I open up my mouth and come up with worst, and lamest justification ever.

"Aayan is my Dad's cousin's in-laws' family friend. Yeah, that's what he's. The cousin heard about Vaneeza's birthday and he knows, that she's such a die hardcore fan, he arranged a surprise visit for her. And, Aayan is the sweetest person ever to agree to make an eight year old's dream come true." I blurt out.

Poker face. That is what Aayan gives me. Neez drops her doll at this, and frowns at me. I flaunt up to her, and kneel down. "Did you like the surprise baby?"

She nods enthusiastically. "Yes," Her big, eyes staring at the gifts in Aayan's arms.

I turn to the adults. My heart pumelling in my chest. Darren is the only one hiding his smile, and others are just staring at Aayan.

Okay, maybe, my lie wasn't that bad.

"Oh, my God, Maahirah, you should have had told us that he's gonna be here." Grace mutters.

"Why?" I ask.

"So that we could have had dressed......"

"Yeah, well, I didn't know he was coming here." I interject before she could even complete her sentence.

Aayan clears his throat. And, with the way he does it, I know he's smirking about something.

"You can place the gifts on the table." I say sweetly to him.

"Sure," He answers back in the same tone.

"Okay, let's start the party." Ellie yells.

I sigh in relief. At least that is over.

Hours later, after the dinner, when I'm in the kitchen, finding the knife, for the cake, Aayan enters, humming a melody to some tune. I don't turn to face him but continue upsetting the drawer, finding the said knife.

"Boo hoo, Maahirah." He creeps behind me and whispers in my ears.

"Buwaha Aayan. I didn't know you still love taking out voices." I shut the drawer and duck under his arm, holding the knife in my hand. I know what he's upto.