Chapter Eight: I Still Hate You

{Dedicated to @striving_muslimah for her amazing support and for simply being an AWESOME person! ;) }

x________________________________x

Chapter #8

I Still Hate You

(MaahirahFurqaan)

I can't believe that I'm actually walking down the hallway with my friends to a freaking party. At once, horrendous thoughts start sending frequencies to my brain. I bring my legs to a halt and grab Fadiya's arm.

"Fadiya," I whisper when she looks at me."Parties are no-no in Islam."

But, before Fadi can open her mouth, Ellie speaks up."Maahirah, it's just a 'get-together'. No biggie," She air-quotes the word get-together.

"You weren't supposed to hear that!" I mutter."I whispered it,"

Ellie scoffs."You didn't whisper it!"

"Anyways, I think we should think this through," I say.'

"And, here we go, again, "Grace mumbles.

I shoot her look and she just shrugs.

"Look, if there is any inappropriate stuff going on, you can merely walk out right through the door. You, Fadiya, Alizey, Dua and, um, Maryam can leave!"

"Um, okay?" It comes out more like a question and, I mentally curse myself when I see the exasperated look Ellie's gives me.

"Fine!" I throw my hands up.

We resume our 'mission' to get into the 'get together'. In two minutes, we're pushing our way through gorgeously made double glass doors. They are made of normal thick glass but everything about the door screams style and elegant.

Even though, the doors from the outside looks purely innocent and goodness knows, what the heck is going on behind those closed doors.

I close my eyes, in fear of what I've to say when I get in. Taking a deep breaths, and inhaling and exhaling, I'm about to open my eyes when I hear Fadiya gasp, and involuntarily my eyes open and I look at her. She simply points at the area.

This time I gasp, because the images my mind pulled for me to see is nothing compared to what is in front of me. I want to laugh at my inner brain and taunt it till no end.

It's a huge lounge room. A game room kind of area is at the farthest end. There are few couches across the bar which has all kind of drinks except, I think, alcohol isn't there. Thank God. A velvet red rope separates it from the chill-area. Teenagers are just chilling, here and there. I find myself nodding at the atmosphere around.

Once done with my inspection, I realize I'm the only one standing at the doorway. Stupid me. I walk on the linoleum floor and for a second, I've this sudden urge to skate and slide all over it. My sneakers will help me perfectly in gliding around. But, before, this urge can get strong; I saunter my way towards my long lost friends.

"See. Peaceful. Amazin'." Grace emphasizes on each and every word.

"Yeah, Yeah. Yeah and yeah!" I smile.

Alizey, Dua and Maryam are hurdled in the corner probably connecting their devices to wi-fi. Grace and Fads are next to me, but Ellie, is nowhere in sight. So, I ask them.

"Oh, Ellie.......Chace called her and they both made their way to the bar." Fads replies.

Grace snorts. "I'll be back in few minutes!"

"Where are you going?" I give her a puzzled look.

"Makin' some new friends, duh!" She walks away.